CHAPTER 5 ~ UNFOLD

- Serena -

Roxy was super excited that the guys agreed to our little outing. Ben didn't look over at me anymore though, which made me wonder if he didn't like the idea of Austin and Roxy joining us.

But I brushed it off because Roxanne was finally being her normal self and the atmosphere in the cafe was much better.

"Serena, we'll watch out for one another alright? We can't drink too much because when we get drunk we're basically mad women," she scurried about clearing up the last of the dishes while I kept the remaining ice cream in the freezer.

"Oh being mad women were just our part time jobs?" I giggled and she rolled her eyes.

"Haha really funny. Anyway, about Ben," she brought the pile of dishes to the sink and I came out from where the freezer was.

"What about Ben?" I folded my arms and looked across the street out of habit.

"He didn't look happy when I asked if we could join you guys, but Austin was up for it so Ben kind of just went along with it."

"Hmm, I shouldn't be surprised. He's always weird," I glanced out the glass wall and he turned to look straight at me at that moment.

His eyes were gorgeous. They were really dark but it looked more of a dark red than brown.

Austin came up behind him and dragged him off the start closing the restaurant.

"Well I feel kinda bad about it. I feel like I'm ruining your date with him," Roxanne looked at me with solemn eyes and I've never seen her this weak in front of me before.

Does love do this to people? Make them look so incredibly vulnerable? Make them lose themselves?

I put an arm around her shoulders and squeezed her gently, "Hey, I'm fine with it don't worry. Plus it's not really a date it's just having a drink with a new neighbour."

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah sure whatever you say ice hands."

The guys came over to get us once they were done closing and Austin was being so awkward it hurt.

"So uh, how are you girls today?" Austin started off as we were walking down to the bar.

He was literally breaking out in cold sweat and I wondered what was running through his mind. Roxanne didn't notice his nervousness at all though.

"Oh we're great! The customers were really nice today which is awesome because some are really grumpy but hey who gets grumpy when they're getting ice cream," Roxy chattered.

"That sounds nice, I guess. Um how do you girls normally go to the bar?"

Roxy giggled and shoved his arm playfully, "We walk of course! It's just a short distance from here!"

I zoned out from there.

Ben somehow managed to separate us from the chatty two and we ended up strolling a distance behind them.

I smiled to myself, seeing Roxy and Austin getting along. Roxy has dived into crazy and bizarre relationships but she's never been this serious about any of them before.

"Are you really that happy?" A deep manly voice resounded from next to me and I looked up into Ben's soulful eyes.

"Of course I'm happy, I've never seen Roxy like this. It's refreshing and nice to see that she has a softer side," I giggled when she punched Austin's arm playfully again but it seemed painful.