CHAPTER 4 ~ CONNECTION

- Serena -

Ben is super fucking weird man. He keeps looking at me and I feel like I'm going to combust into flames just from his glares.

"Serena?"

I looked away from Ben's constant staring to Roxy, "Yeah?"

"Austin was asking about our cafe this morning. It flooded," She eyed me and I cleared my throat.

"Uh yeah, our pipes are kinda old I guess. Water keeps leaking from the pipes and we have to keep tightening it," I lied stupidly and Roxy smiled sweetly.

"We can help with that, if you want," Austin eyed Ben but he continued staring at me like some freak.

"Right Ben?" Austin pressed and Ben turned to him, "Ah right, yeah. We can help."

I shook my head, "Please you guys really don't have to, the repair man fixed it."

"The air conditioning repair man?" Ben eyed me and I nodded slowly, "Yeah it was the pipes to the air conditioner that was loose."

"Well okay, but if you girls ever need help we'll just be across the street, right Ben?"

Ben finally looked away from me again and nodded, "Yeah of course."

I felt much better without that weirdo scrutinising me. We ate up and the dinner was amazing. Credits to Austin, he is an amazing chef.

Roxy literally fangirled and smiled like she found her long lost soul mate. I know what she'll be talking about later, she'll be all, 'Men who can cook make perfect husbands.'

That was her goal in a guy and looks like she found him.

Austin was a really chill guy, I found out that he's completely stupid too what with all his dumb jokes and what not. Which is totally opposite from Ben.

Ben was just outright quiet and apparently didn't like to talk much.

We stood outside the restaurant as Austin locked up for the day, "Do you girls live together?" Austin asked us and we shook our heads.

"I live with my two other siblings. Serena lives alone, maybe Ben can send her back. Seems like she almost got into a bit of trouble yesterday," Roxy smiled innocently and nudged me towards Ben.

I glared at her while Austin nodded, "Sure, I'll send Roxanne. Ben, you'll take Serena back alright?"

Ben nodded and we waved Roxy and Austin off.

I turned to walk down the path back home, Ben walking by my side quietly. He kept looking over to me and I was at the end of my patience.

"Is there something wrong?" I looked straight at him but he just continued staring.

He shook his head, "No, nothing's wrong."

"Then why do you keep looking at me like that?"

He shrugged, "I uh, you feel kinda cold to me."

My mind whirled slightly, shit did he find out? How? I was very careful about using my powers.

"You mean my behaviour towards you? I don't really know you if you think about it. Also I wouldn't be very warm and friendly to a man who flipped his neighbours off," I tried to divert the attention instead and it kind of helped.

He actually smiled, "I'm sorry about that. I'm not used to having people stare like that."

"Same here."

He looked at me and chuckled, "I'm really sorry about that."

I found myself frozen in time, his short laugh sounded so beautiful and angelic. It was the sweetest sound I've heard from him till now.