one

Y/N POV

I really wish Professor Cowell would hurry the hell up and finish his damn lecture. I was due at work fifteen minutes ago and if I'm late my boss is gonna flip.

No one told me that going to school and having a part time job was gonna be easy, but I'm doing the best I can with what I got. I'm in my third year of college and I am so close to earning my journalism degree and once I graduate I hope to land an internship at a magazine company. I've always had an interest in writing stories and investigating and journalism allows me to do both of those things.

I'm a cook/waiter/busboy at Big Rob's Diner, I've been holding that job down since I was sixteen years old and I've only gotten a raise twice. I could quit this gig but then it would take me forever to find another job and that wouldn't make my roommate too happy.

"Alright class, make sure to have your assignment done by our next class and I'll see you on Monday." Mr. Cowell said.

I put my books in my bag then ran out of the class. I would've hopped on my bike and ride to work but my bike got stolen last week so I have to catch the bus or walk. Since I've missed the bus already it looks like I'm running today, five blocks just to get to my job. To make matters worse it just started raining too and I don't have an umbrella.

I walked into the diner wet like a kitten that got left outside to be greeted by my angry boss.

"You're late." Rob said.

"I know but my professor took too long plus I had to run here since my bike got stolen." I explained.

"Got get cleaned up and when you come out I want you bus some tables." Rob said.

"Yes sir." I said.

I went into the locker room so I could put on a clean shirt. I tied my apron around my waist and went back into the restaurant. My mind was so messed up I almost forgot to clock in. I grabbed the the tray and went around to start cleaning the table and collecting the dirty dishes. Then I had to start waiting tables, there was a beautiful woman sitting alone in the corner and she kept giving me the eyes from across the room. I've seen her in here a bunch of times but I've never had to wait on her, guess there's a first time for everything.

"Welcome to Rob's, what can I get for you?" I asked.

"A cup of coffee and the strawberry banana waffle, please." She said.

"Will that be all?" I asked.

"Yes." She said politely.

"I'll be right back with your order." I said.

I put the order in with the cook and got the young lady her cup of coffee. I took it back over to the table, "Thank you so much." She said.

"You're welcome ma'am." I said.

"So what's your name?"

"Y/N." I said shyly.

"Cute, nice to meet you Y/N, I'm Camila.

I shook Camila's hand and said, "It's nice to meet you too."

"Y/N I need you waiting tables not flirting." Rob said loudly.

I rolled my eyes and went back to waiting tables. Sometimes I want to chop Big Rob up and put him on the flattop but if I do that I don't get paid. I took Camila her order and she was giving me this really seductive glare.  I just put the plate down in front of her and walked away. I may have a way with the ladies but I'm really shy when I first meet them. But once I get to know them I put my guard down a little bit.