twenty seven

Normani's POV

I love my sister, I love her dearly...

But if she wasn't pregnant with my future niece or nephew I'd kick her ass!

I can't even leave the damn house without someone following my every move. I even have two people posted outside of my office at work and they won't let anyone in except for the people that work for me and my parents, no one else gets in.

Y/N called and asked me if we could meet up and I agreed. I used some of my wonderful girlish charm to get away from the bodyguards and they fell for it. They're probably running through the city looking for me right now and try won't find me. I'm in Chinatown at this rundown Chinese restaurant that makes the best Chinese food that you've ever had and I'm sitting in the very back waiting for Y/N. It's a been awhile since I saw him and I'm curious to see how he looks now.

I turned off the location on my phone in case Noelle sent the boys to look for me. But knowing her she knows how to track phone without having the location on, crazy ass.

I was looking through the menu when I heard that sexy raspy voice that hit my line a few nights ago.

"Hey Mani."

I closed the menu and smiled, "Hey Y/N, how've you been?" I asked.

"Okay I guess." He said sadly.

I stood up and gave him a hug, I closed my eyes and inhaled his cologne. The hug lasted a little long and I didn't want it to end. We pulled away and sat down at the table. Y/N took off his sunglasses and put them in his pocket. Just by looking at Y/N I could tell he was still mourning the loss of his brother and he wasn't getting enough sleep.

"You look different." Y/N said.

"Good different or bad different?" I asked.

"A good different, you're glowing again, I like it." Y/N said.

"T-Thanks, you look great too. I see you still have your curls and I see you have a bit of a beard coming in." I said.

Y/N rubbed his cheek and shrugged, "The curls aren't going anywhere. The beard is just a result of me being too lazy to shave. I think I might keep it, what do you think?" He asked.

"I think you should keep it, makes you look manly and rugged." I said.

Y/N licked over his lips and shrugged, "I guess I let it grow out then." He said.

The waiter came back around and took our order. We just made small talk about how our day was going and the little things that happened to us so far. I missed having these cute little conversation with Y/N. It kinda helps me learn more about a person.

Out food came and we continued our conversation. I devoured everything on my plate but Y/N wasn't eating like he normally does, which had me worried.

"Not that hungry?" I asked.

Y/N shook his head and sat his fork down, "I haven't had much of an appetite since my brother passed. I guess it's bothering me more than I'd like to admit." He said.

"You know if you wanna talk about it I'm here for you." I said.

"I know." Y/N said.

"Sooo, how's school going?" I asked.

"Took some time off but I'll go back next semester and finish up. I just need something to keep me busy until then." Y/N said.

"Well what do you wanna do?" I asked.

Y/N shrugged and slid his plate out the way so he could put his elbows on the table. "I don't know, I'm so close to going back to work for Camila. It's a crazy job but at least I'd have something to do." He said.