three

Normani's POV

When things start getting a little hectic in your life sometimes you need to hang out with your best friend and just vent.

Work had been driving me insane, almost everyone that works for aApa college degree yet they give me mediocre ideas. On top of that love life sucks. The last few guys I've been on dates with weren't exciting as I thought they would be. One of my dates was so bad I had my assistant call me and pretend that there was an emergency back at the office so I could get out of there. All I want is a nice guy that will treat me right and can handle the fact that my bank is slightly bigger than his.

My best friend in the whole wide world is coming over for a sleepover tonight and I'm really excited. Dinah and I have been friends for a very long time and whenever I need her she's always there for me, she also understands the struggle of finding a decent date as well.

I've got plenty of wine so Dinah and I set for the night. The elevator my penthouse dinged and Dinah Jane stepped out looking like a supermodel as usual. I ran over to her and jumped in her arms. I started kissing Dinah all over her face just because.

"I missed you too Manibear." Dinah said.

"I missed you more Dinah Jane." I said.

Dinah kissed me on the forehead and put me down on the ground. She reached in her purse and pulled out two bottles of red wine. " I think we're set for the night." Dinah said.

"Definitely I got six bottles already chilled for us." I said.

"Are we doing this in the living room or the bedroom?" Dinah asked.

"To the bedroom." I said.

"You got some snacks right? I need snacks while I watch tv and gossip with my best friend." Dinah said.

"I got some hot Cheetos waiting for you on the bed Dinah." I said.

"Reasons why I love you, you know me so well." Dinah said.

We went upstairs to my room and Dinah went into my closet to change into her pajamas. She came out and sat next to me on my large king size bed.

"So what are we watching tonight?" I asked.

"Have you watched Star yet?" Dinah asked.

"Yep, watched the whole first season two nights ago." I said.

"What about Power?" Dinah asked.

"Never seen it." I said.

"Well you're gonna watch it for the first time tonight." Dinah said.

Dinah pulled up the Starz app and selected the very first episode of the show. I don't know what this show is about but I hear my coworkers talking about it all the time. Dinah poured the wine and girls night was underway.

~ Hours Later

"M-Men ain't shit." I stuttered.

Dinah started giggling and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Don't start Nomani you're gonna mess up my buzz." She said.

"Nah I got something to stay. This Ghost character irritates my soul and I just met him a few hours ago. He has a gorgeous wife at home taking care of his bad ass kids while he's out killing bitches in the street over dumb shit. But how does he show her his appreciation, he fucks his childhood sweetheart, Angela. Fuck Angie, I want Tasha." I said.

"You like the show don't you?" Dinah asked.

"I love it, I just don't like how Ghost treats Tasha that's all." I said.