four

Y/N's POV

I'm already having a bad feeling about my shift at work and I'm not even there yet. I was due at work an hour ago but this exam is taking a lot longer than I anticipated. Before I even started the exam I texted my boss and let him know that I was gonna be late but he never responded back. So when I walk in and he tries to start with me I'll have my proof.

I only have one more question left and it is an essay question. These are my least favorite type of question on a test, just give me multiple choice and I am good. But I read this story carefully and took plenty of good notes so I was able to finish the essay question fairly quick. I looked over my test one more time to make sure that all the questions were answered, I packed my bag, and turned in my test.

I ran out to the parking lot and hopped on my bike, before I pulled off I made sure to put on my helmet, safety first.

I drive into the busy New York streets so I could get to work. There was only one block to go until I reached the diner, but I got caught in that terrible New York afternoon traffic. There was no where for me to maneuver my bike so I was stuck there for twenty minutes. When traffic finally cleared up I had a straight drive to the diner.

I arrived at the diner and quickly went inside. Big Rob was sitting at the counter waiting on me.

"You're an hour late Y/N." Rob said.

"Dude I called and texted you before my exam started and let you know that I was gonna be late, then I got caught in traffic on the way here. You really can't get upset for that." I said.

"Don't let it happen again." Rob said as he handed me my check.

I started opening my check as I walked into the locker room. Once again I got pissed of by how much my check was.

$150.27

I walked back into the restaurant and placed my check on the counter. "You wanna explain to me why my check is so short?" I asked.

"It's not short, that's exactly how much you made from the last two weeks." Rob said.

"That's a goddamn lie, I've worked some serious overtime this week and last week my check should be more than this." I said.

"Well you showed up late two days last week and two days this week, if you want to get paid properly show up to work on time. If you don't like how things are going around here I suggest you find a new place of employment." Rob said.

"Consider it done, I quit." I said

I went back into the locker room and cleaned out my locker. I took my shitty little check and walked out of the diner. For the first time in a long time I felt good about a decision I made. I went to the bank and cashed my check. After I came out of the bank with my money I sat on my bike and thought about my next move.

All I know how to do is work in the restaurant business and I really don't want to go there again. I looked in my wallet and pulled out the business card Camila gave me, it was a bit torn but I could still see the phone number and that was the most important thing. Camila said she can give me a job making some serious money so I'm gonna take her up on her offer.

I called the number and waited for her to answer.

"Hello."

"Hi, may I speak to Camila?" I asked.

"Y/N how are doing?" Camila asked.