six

Dinah's POV

Fuck my entire life right now. Everything just seems to be going wrong in my life and it's beginning to make me very unhappy. I've buried myself in my work to overlook the fact that my personal life sucks. But work doesn't keep me warm a night, hell my sheets barely keep me warm at night. It's just a really difficult and frustrating time in my life right now, but luckily I have a friend like Normani that keeps my spirits up.

It's another shitty day at the office and I feel like blowing my brains out because the boredom is killing me. I've caught up on all of my work and I have absolutely nothing to do. I'm just sitting in my office with my feet propped up on my desk while I look out the window. There was a knock on the door and I invited them in.

"What can I do for you sunshine?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just came in here to check on you that's all." Ally said.

Ally has been my assistant since I started working at this company and she's the sweetest girl I've ever met. She even brings me baked goods on a regular basis. I honestly feel like Ally should be running a bakery instead of being my personal assistant.

"I'm fine Ally, thanks for asking." I said.

"Now you and I both know that's a lie. You know you can talk to me about anything and I'll listen." Ally said.

I sighed, "I promise you that I'm fine Ally. Matter of fact clear my schedule for the rest of the day and you can go home early." I said.

"Okay I know something is wrong because you never let me go home early." Ally said.

"Nothing is wrong Ally, I'm just being nice today that's all." I said.

"Well I appreciate your niceness, see you tomorrow." Ally said.

"Enjoy the rest of your day Ally." I said.

After Ally left my office I gathered my things and headed out too. I just didn't feel like spending another day trapped in my office. I got off of the elevator and walked through the parking lot to get to my car. I got in and drive back to my penthouse. As soon as the elevator stopped I kicked off my heels and left them by the door. I have a small collection of shoes that have ended up making a home next to my door. It comes in handy on their days when I'm in a rush and forget to put on shoes. I just stop, grab a pair of shoes, and I'm out the door.

I went into my closet and took off my dress then put it back on the hanger. I went into the bathroom and ran the water so I could take a bubble bath. After I got the water the way I wanted I took off the remainder of my clothes and got in the tub. I went into my little stash box and took out the blunt I had rolled the night before, sometimes I need a little kush to help me relax but I am not a pothead.

Smoking a blunt and taking a bubble bath is a very good combination.  After I soaked in the tub for an hour I got out, dried off, and put on my lazy clothes, booty shirts and a  sweatshirt. I grabbed a bag of hot cheetos from the cabinet and got a bottle lemonade from the refrigerator. I crashed on my couch and started watching reruns of Sex in the City. I forgot how much I loved this show until I was three seasons in. After that I don't remember what happened because I fell asleep.

~

"Wake up baby girl."

I groaned and pulled the blanket back over my head, but it was pulled off as soon as I did that.

"Come on Jane wake up." Normani said.

I wiped my eyes and sat up but when I did a bunch of cheetos fell on the floor. Normani sat next to me and brushed my hair out of the way. "You're high as hell aren't you?" She asked.