seventeen

Dinah's POV

"Best friend!" Normani whispered from across the table.

I could hear Normani talking but I was so deep into my own little world I was paying her any attention. I couldn't get my Mikey bear off of my mind. We talked earlier today and he didn't sound so good, he sounded really stressed out and upset. I wish that there was something I could to help me.

"Jane." Normani said.

"You said something?" I asked.

Normani rolled her eyes, "Can you stop thinking about Mike for one second and spend some time with your best friend?" She asked.

"I'm sorry Manibear but I'm just really worried about my baby. He was really sad when I talked to him earlier today and I wanna cheer him up." I said.

"Pour him a drink then fuck him." Normani said.

"Bitch are you serious?" I asked.

"Very. One night Y/N was stressed out over some family stuff so I fixed his favorite then fucked him, technically he fucked me but that's not the point. After another glass of bourbon and a few rounds wild angry butt naked sex he was perfectly fine." Normani explained.

"You are a freak." I said.

"Well I'm not an angel so..." Normani said.

"I wish I could be as bold as you are." I said.

Normani shrugged, "Trust me it works, you should try it." She said.

"We'll see." I said.

Normani and I finished our dinner, which I decided to pay for this time since Mani covered the last one. We walked to our cars and before I got in Mike called me.

"Hey Mikey." I said.

"Hey baby girl are you busy?" He asked.

"No I'm not busy I just got through having dinner with Normani, why?" I asked.

"Hey Mike!" Normani said loudly.

"Can you come by place? It's been a really tough day and I just need to see you that's all." Mike said.

"I'll be there fifteen minutes." I said.

"Okay see you then." Mike said.

"Bye." I said.

I hung up the phone and put it in my purse. "He did sound sad, you better go check on your man." Normani said.

"I am, he probably just wants me to play in his curls and cuddle with him." I said.

"You actually cuddle with your man?" Normani asked.

"Yeah, don't you?" I replied.

"Hell no, all that cuddling and talking about your feelings shit is overrated. The last time Y/N tried to cuddle with me I handcuffed him to the bed and left him there all night." Normani said.

"You're crazy." I said.

"I know, but you have your thing and I have mine. Now while you're having cuddles with your boyfriend, I'll be at home watching Power and getting mad at Ghost's dumbass all over again." Normani said.

"Okay enjoy the rest of your night Mani." I said.

Normani and I got in our cars and went our separate ways. On the way to Y/N's place my mom called to see how I was doing and of course the whole what am I waiting on to get married and have kids lecture took place. I would like to get married and start a family just not right now, I want to enjoy my freedom before I decided to settle down.