Chapter 5: We... failed?

"Morning..." Sakura greeted as she rubbed her eyes. Naruto tried to greet back but couldn't even say a coherent sentence. Sasuke didn't bother responding. They met up in the spot that their sensei had instructed them and just stood there.

A long time had passed and there was no sign of Kakashi nor (Y/n). "Where are they!" a grumpy Sakura whined. Sasuke watched as butterflies flew to a specific tree. He grew suspicious and decided to inspect the tree. "H-Hey Sasuke! Where are you going?" Sakura questioned the Uchiha but received no response. Both Naruto and Sakura watched as Sasuke disappeared into the bushes. As he walked further into the woods, he noticed someone was there. "Hey," Sasuke called out but they didn't respond. Until he got closer, he noticed it was (Y/n), sleeping as butterflies gathered around her. The Uchiha smirked as he got closer. 'Now's my chance.' he said as he sat down next to the peaceful Hatake. He grabbed the edge of her mask and pulled it down. She now had her whole face exposed, revealing her marks, just like Naruto's. Sasuke gave a genuine smile, "So... It really was you. Don't you dare disappear this time." He pulled up her mask and picked her up bridal style. The two teammates watched as Sasuke emerged from the bushes carrying (Y/n). Alarmed, Naruto and Sakura ran to Sasuke. "Is she okay!? Is she hurt!? She's not dead is she!?" Naruto yelled as he ran. "Idiot, be quiet. She's sleeping," He said as he looked at Naruto. The three heard footsteps heading towards them and looked at the direction of the sound. "Hi, folks. Good morning!" Kakashi said with an indifferent face and monotone voice. "You're late!" Both Sakura and Naruto yelled. "Well, a black cat crossed my path, you see," Kakashi sheepishly tried to explain as the two ninjas growled at him. "Huh, she's still asleep?" Kakashi asked looking at the sleeping girl in Sasuke's arms. "Set down near the tree, I'll wake her up." Not wanting to argue with the Jonin, Sasuke walked up to a tree and gently sat her down. "Now step back!" Kakashi yelled startling the three students, causing them to all jump and hide in the trees. Without hesitating, Kakashi took several kunai and shuriken from his pouch and threw it at the sleeping Hatake. All of the Genin watched in awe as (Y/n) quickly sprung up pulling a kunai out, blocking every weapon that was thrown at her. She threw a special kunai behind Kakashi and teleported behind him. Not giving him a chance to react, she pinned him down. "H-Huh? Papa? Where is everybody?" She questioned her father as she looked around. She spotted them all pinned to the tree by the weapons she blocked. "Hehe, sorry," she apologized sheepishly. She ran to all of her teammates and removed the weapons then held them in place. "Couldn't you have just shaken her so she could wake up?!" Naruto yelled. "Eh, it's my favorite way of waking her up," Kakashi shrugged. Kakashi walked over to an alarm clock and started the clocked. "Alright, it's set for 12:00. Today's assignment is to take these bells away from me by noon." He said as he held up two bells. "Those who can't do it, won't get lunch. They'll be tied to the stump over there as I eat my lunch before your very eyes," Kakashi explained as all of the student's stomachs growled. 'So that was the point...' '...for us not to eat breakfast...' "But hold on, why are there only two bells?" Sakura questioned. "There are only two, so at the very least, two of you will have to go to the logs. Those two will be disqualified for failing the mission and will return to the Academy." the Jonin said with a sadistic smile accompanied with a small chuckle. "It might be two of you but it could be all four of you. You can use your shuriken. You won't be able to take the bells unless you come with the intent to kill me." The silver haired man explained. "But, that's dangerous, sir!" Sakura stated. Yeah, you couldn't even dodge that eraser!" Naruto said cockily. "In this world, those who aren't skilled enough tend to complain more. Well, just ignore the loser..." Kakashi retorted. "Begin when I give the "ready-go" signal." He instructed. Naruto quickly took out a kunai and lunged towards the man who just called him a loser. "Don't be so hasty. I didn't say start yet," Kakashi scolded as he held Naruto's kunai to the back of his head. Both Saura and Sasuke back away. 'No way... I didn't see him at all!' 'So this is a Jonin.'  "But that's fine. at least you came with the intent to kill me." he said giving out a small chuckle, "How can I put this? I feel like I'm finally starting to like you guys." All four looked at Kakashi. "We are going to start... Ready.... Start!" On the mark, all four students scattered into the trees that surrounded them.