Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams

"Papa! Wake up! We need to buy more food!" (Y/n) shook her father's shoulders. "Just five more minutes..." Kakashi murmured before pulling the blankets over his head. "Fine, I'll just go alone..." the girl frowned as she walked over to the nightstand. "And I'll take this too," she grabbed her father's wallet and walked out.

(Y/n) made her way through the market buying food for the house. 'Hmmm, what should I make for breakfast...?' 'Eggs and toast with tomatoes on top. Make rice on the side with homemade orange juice to drink. Add a fruit salad of apples, pears, and pineapples. Oh, and add kiwis too' 'Geez, Kurama. What's with the sudden craving for all of that?' 'Not a craving, just giving you an idea' 'I feel bad...' 'Now why...?' 'Because you can't taste food!' 'I don't need food...' 'THAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE...!' 'Just go buy the food...' 'I swear I'll make all kinds of food one day Kurama!' 'Yeah yeah...' (Y/n) made stopped in various shops looking for everything she needed. By the end, she had three full baskets full of groceries. "Ah! I should invite the rest of the team!" (Y/n) beamed as she made her way to Naruto's home.

"Naru! Open up!" (Y/n) knocked on the door loudly. "Is he not home?" she questioned aloud. The thought of the home being empty quickly left her mind when she heard loud snores emanating from the other side of the door. She put down her baskets and tried twisting the doorknob and surprisingly, it was unlocked. (Y/n) quietly stepped in. Many memories flooded her head when she entered. Memories of her and her brother running around, playing, laughing, and doing everything together brought a warm smile to her face. As she made her way to the bedroom, she kept tripping on everything, clothes, clutter, and trash here and there. This greatly irritated the girl, causing her to pull her hair back and begin cleaning the entire apartment. Although many things were scattered everywhere, dust covered a lot of things, and many cups of empty ramen were littered, she was done cleaning in a matter of minutes. The place was left spot less without a single speck of dust, that is, until she opened the bedroom door. Clothes covered the floor, along with more trash and many other things were out of place. (Y/n) let out a small huff of annoyance and began cleaning again. She managed to clean it all in a few minutes. As she wiped a bit of sweat from her forehead, her eyes landed on the sleeping knucklehead. The sight caused her smile to return as she walked up to him. A small chuckled left her mouth as she stood next to him. "WAKE UP NARUTO!" she roared at the top of her lungs, frightening the sleeping blonde. Naruto's face went pale as he thought he was gonna die, but quickly gained color when he saw (Y/n) smiling at the foot of his bed. "Good morning Naru!" she smiled innocently. "Ya... Morning..." Naruto pouted. "Get dressed! I'm cooking breakfast at my place!" (Y/n) gave a bright smile. As soon as she said breakfast, the knucklehead's ears perked up and made a wide goofy grin spread across his face. He quickly jumped out of bed and got dressed in a matter of seconds. "Alright let's go!" Naruto exclaimed as he ran out the door, soon tripping on the baskets full of food that were left outside. "Naru! Are you ok!?" (Y/n) said as she closed the apartment door. "These baskets are out to get me, dattebayo!" the blonde rubbed his nose in pain as (Y/n) let out small giggles. "Come on, we still got two more stops!" (Y/n) helped Naruto up and grabbed the three baskets of food.

"Sasuke~!" (Y/n) sang outside of Sasuke's door. He shortly answered the door and smirked when he saw the masked Genin. "I'm making breakfast at my home! Wanna come?" she asked with a smile. When Sasuke took long to answer, (Y/n) frowned. "What? Don't wanna go" she faced the Uchiha and noticed the two boys were having, what seemed to be, a glaring contest. "Oi! Sasuke!" she yelled, successfully catching his attention. "Are you going or not?" (Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah," Sasuke simply responded. He closed the door to his home and walked towards (Y/n). He took two of the baskets leaving her with the lightest one. They began walking to the last house, Sakura's.