Chapter 19: Her Blind Eye

*Knock, knock knock!*

"(Y/n)...?"

No response.

"Maybe she left?"

"No, she doesn't have the heart to leave without telling anybody,"

"Ne, ne! Why are we here anyway!? Shouldn't she be somewhere else, dattebayo?!"

"Keep it down, you idiot! You can't just scream like that in a hospital!"

"Ow!... Why Sakura?..."

"Keep it down you two..."

Kakashi waited for the girl to respond, yet nothing came from the other side of the door. "Fine..." a sigh left the jounin's lips as he opened the door. Before they could set one step in the room, both Sakura and Naruto were pinned down as Kakashi pulled out a kunai to stop his attacker. "Hm?" the two stopped fighting against one other ad looked at each other wide eyed. "Papa/(Y/n)...?" the two said in sync. "A-Ah! Sorry!" the two shadow clones stood back up, letting the two genins freely move once again. "Geez, what was that for?" Naruto scratched the back of his head. "I guess she can't take any chances with whoever comes through the door," Kakashi put his kunai away. The three clones looked into the room and giggled at the original before turning into a puff of smoke. "If she can't take any chances why is she asleep...?" Sakura deadpanned as she looked into the room. Confused, the two males looked in and they too deadpanned in a second. There in the hospital room was Sasuke who slept with machines hooked up everywhere, trying to keep him in a healthy state. Next to him, sat the girl in question, (Y/n), slumped over on a chair as she rested her head on the bed, her arms beside her as each one held a kunai. "Hey, wake u-!!" Naruto began to yell until Kakashi quickly covered his mouth. "Kakashi-sensei?" Sakura looked on in worry. "One kunai in hand is possible. Two kunai and we wake her up? It'll be worse than all Kage going full out war with each other..." the two genin looked at looked at Kakashi with skepticism. "I'll send a shadow clone!" Naruto quickly summoned a clone. "Wake u---!!" the clone ran at the sleeping girl until he suddenly turned into a cloud of smoke. The smoke soon cleared out, revealing (Y/n) holding her kunai as her arms formed an 'x' shape to protect her and the Uchiha. "Hm?" the small Hatake slowly lowered her kunai knives realizing it was only her team. She looked over at her brother, who was completely pale. "WHAT IF THAT WERE THE REAL ME?!! YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME, DATTEBAYO!!" he began to rage at the girl. "AND WHO'S FAULT IS THAT, DATTEBANE?!" she too began to yell back at him. "Put a lid on it you too!" Sakura punched the two twins in the head, effectively shutting them up. "Sasuke needs his rest!" she hissed in a low voice. The two genins pouted and looked in the opposite direction of each other, acting like five-year-olds. "Alright, that's enough you two..." Kakashi ruffled both of their heads. "Look..." he whispered to the two sulking genin and gestured forward. Sasuke's eyes slowly fluttered open. "S-Sasuke...!" (Y/n) ran up to the bed, Sakura following close behind. "You had me wor-!" she was about to hug the Uchiha until Sakura beat her to it. "(Y-y/n)..." Sasuke's hand slowly reached out to the small Hatake. Sakura's eyes slightly widened at the realization that she was completely ignored by the one she loved. "S-Sasuke...! Don't move! You could pull one of the tubes out..." she walked up to him and placed her hand over his, gently placing it back on the bed. "You just rest, okay?" she rested her hand on his forehead and gave him a tender smile. "Everybody out!" (Y/n) turned around and pointed towards the door. "Who are you to kick us out?!" Sakura glared at her. "I mean, if you don't want Sasuke to heal and be perfectly healthy so he can leave this saddening hospital that could make him depressed is all up to you Saku--ra-chan~," (Y/n) sighed as her tone became a bit more teasing at the end. "...Everybody out!" the pinkette wasted no time in pushing the two males out of the room. "You too, Hatake!" she yelled from the doorway. "Actually, I need to stay here," (Y/n) began to walk towards the Uchiha. "What, why?!" Sakura crossed her arms. "Because he's my patient and I need to give him a check up..." the girl deadpanned at her teammate. "F-Fine... But make it quick! Sasuke needs to rest!" the Haruno huffed and immediately closed the door. (Y/n) turned around only to see Sasuke trying to sit up. "N-No! Don't!" she quickly placed both hands on him and stopped him. "I told you not to move, Uchiha..." a small sigh escaped from behind her mask as she gently laid the male back down. "Everything hurts..." Sasuke slightly clenched his teeth in pain. "And if you keep moving like this it won't get any better, dummy..." her lips curved into a soft smile of amusement. "My pain's funny to you?" he smirked in curiosity. "No... I just find how stubborn you are adorable," her smile remained as her medical chakra infused hands examined her teammate's body. "Hn," Sasuke's once tensed body became relaxed. "...Seems like you're getting better by the second! We'll come back here in a few to transfer you to a new room. You'll be resting there for at most two weeks," the Uchiha flinched at the time. "Two weeks?..." he was noticeably annoyed by this fact. "At most. Chances are you could be released in the next few days or maybe even tomorrow!" she tried to cheer him up. "And what am I going to do here all day?..." his gaze looked out the window. "You'll just be recuperating till you are good enough to be on your own. Nurse Tenara will be checking up on you a few times a day," (Y/n) began to help Sasuke sit up. "Can't you be my nurse?" a mischievous smirk found its way to his lips. "Nope! But I can come to the hospital and visit you!" the Uchiha slumped over in defeat. "(Y/n)-sama, is Mr. Uchiha ready?" a young nurse walked into the room. "Ah, Sasuke! This is Tenara, your nurse. Tenara, this is Sasuke!" the Hatake smile behind her mask. "G-Good afternoon, Mr. Uchiha!" Tenara stood tense in the middle of the room as her cheeks turned slightly red. "C-Come on let's get you to the other room!" her hand quickly latched on to Sasuke's hand as she helped him stand up. (Y/n) watched as the two stood close to each other, Tenara not leaving his side at all. A small 'hm...' could be heard from behind the two, "I'll leave him to you..." Sasuke and Tenara turned around only to be met by a small gust of wind, (Y/n) nowhere to be seen.