Chapter 27: Departure

Kakashi ran through the forest, jumping from branch to branch, carrying Naruto on his back. "Ngh..." the blonde began to open his eyes. The passing leaves were only a green blur to him. "Kakashi-sensei..." he said in a low voice as she stared at the trees. "Where's (Y/n)... Where's Sasuke?..." he inquired. The jounin looked forward, hesitant on saying anything.

"Kakashi!" a team of medical-nin caught up to the two. "How is Naruto's condition?" The leader asked, not receiving an answer. "How about Uchiha, Sasuke? Where is he?" the man pursued. Kakashi only shook his head, indicating that the mission had been a failure. "How are the other genin?" the Hatake asked. "(Y/n) had successfully brought all of the genin to hospital. Most of them were in critical condition and were hospitalized immediately on arrival. They were administered under emergency treatment," the medic reported. "And their conditions?", "(Y/n) had already recorded their condition and handed them right away to the doctors. Nara, Shikamaru has minor injuries. Inuzuka, Kiba has serious injuries, but it's not life-threatening. Hyuuga, Neji and Akimichi, Choji are in serious condition..."

"At this point... There is no telling what will happen..."

.

.

.

"Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep"

She mimicked the only noise she had heard in days.

Maybe weeks.

"Beep...beep...beep...beep"

The only thing keeping her sane.

.

.

.

"You can't just do that to her! She's a human, ya know!!" Naruto tried to get passed the Anbu-nin that guarded the large steel doors. A red sign glowed above the doors.

"Intensive Care Unit 8"

"Let me in!!" the blonde yelled at on Anbu held him back. "What's all the fuss about?" the sound of clicking heels stopped behind Naruto. He turned around to see Tsunade with her arms crossed over her chest. "Granny Tsunade!! Tell them to let me in!" he demanded as he flailed his arms in the air. Tsunade eyed the two guards, giving them a mean glare. This was enough to scare them into stepping aside, allowing the Uzumaki to go through. The genin walked up to the door, hesitant to push the door as he rested his hand on the cold metal. "How long have you denied any visitation to this unit?" her voice was stern. "S-Since her arrival, Ma'am!" one of them spoke up, fear clearly in their words. "And who ordered you?!" she yelled as a vein popped out of her forehead. "T-The council!" they flinched. "And since when do you take orders from those old geezers!?" the female tried her best not to punch the wall in anger. "T-They said the decision was on your behalf!!" the two curled into balls on the floor. "Did they now...? Alright, you two are excused!" she said as she pointed away. In fear, the two Anbu-nin stumbled their way away from the terrifying blonde. 

Tsunade turned her attention to see Naruto still standing in front of the doors. "Go on in... I'm sure she'd be happy to see you," she rested her hand on his shoulder. The boy simply nodded as he pushed the heavy doors. The two struggled to see as only darkness filled the room. The only lights were candles that dimly lit up a few spots here and there.