Chapter 6: To the Land of Waves!

"Sasuke here at Point B." "Sakura here at Point C!" "(Y/n), point D." ... "Naruto here, I'm at Point A!" "You're slow, Naruto. Okay, the seventh squad... Hm?! The target has moved! Follow it!" Kakashi instructed. The four Genin quickly but quietly moved to their next positions. "Alright! It's over there!" Naruto informed. "What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked through a mic. "Five meters! I can go at any time, 'ttebayo!" Naruto said. "I'm ready too!" "Me, too...!" "Ready to go!" all ninja agreed on their statuses. "Okay... Do it!" Kakashi commanded. Not wasting any time, all four lunged themselves at the target, with Naruto successfully capturing it. "I got it!" Naruto said as he held the missing cat. "Does he have the ribbon on his right ear...? Are you sure it's our target Tora?" Kakashi questioned. "It's the target, no mistake." Sasuke unamusedly confirmed. "Oi! Naruto give me Tora!" (Y/n) said holding her arms out. Naruto struggled on the floor as the cat kept scratching and hurting Naruto. (Y/n) walked up to the knucklehead and gently pulled Tora off and into her arms. "See? He's an angel!" the small Hatake smiled as Tora purred. "Alright, the mission to capture lost pet "Tora" is complete!" Kakashi said. Naruto stood up angrily as scratches covered his arms and face, "Isn't there a mission with a greater sense of urgency!?

"Oh! My poor Tora! I was worried to death!" the wife of the Feudal Lords exclaimed as she smothered the cat, more than likely near to death. "Haha! Serves him right, that stupid cat!" Naruto muttered. "No wonder he ran away..." Sakura sympathized. "Yeah... No one would blame him..." (Y/n) added. "Now then! The next mission for Kakashi's seventh squad is... An errand to the neighboring town... to babysit the chief councilor's boy. Helping with digging for potatoes, eh..." Lord Third began. "Noooo!" Naruto yelled. Sarutobi looked up and saw Naruto forming an 'X' shape with his arms as (Y/n) formed a smaller one with her two index fingers while she pouted. "No! No, thank you!" Naruto shouted, "As for us, we would like to do a more exciting mission!" "Give us something else!" The (h/c) haired ninja beside him added. 'They've got a point...' Sasuke agreed. 'Man... They're such a pain!' Sakura complained. "I thought it was about time for those two to get fretful..." Kakashi sighed under his breath. "You fools! You're still bottom rookies! At the start, everyone moves up the ladder by gaining experience from simple missions!" Iruka scolded. "B-but! It's been nothing but blah missions so far!" Naruto yelled back. "Yeah! What are we gonna do to an enemy if all we have done are these puny missions?! All we would be capable of doing is helping them with their gardening and lost pets!" (Y/n) yelled at Iruka. Kakashi covered the girl's mouth as Sakura punched Naruto. "Knock it off, idiots!" Sakura yelled. 'They still act the same even after all of this time....' the Hokage thought.  "Naruto! (Y/n)!" he called out, "It is necessary to explain to you what a mission is..." "Huh?" he caught the attention of both loud mouths. "Listen up! Requests come into our village every day. They range from babysitting to assassinations... A wide spectrum of requests are recorded on the request list. They are separated into A, B, C, and D ranks in order of difficulty..." The Hokage began a long explanation. Just as he finished he looked up at the squad and saw (Y/n) and Naruto sitting on the floor. "Yesterday's lunch was pork-bone broth noodles, today will be miso broth noodles," Naruto explained his lunch plans. "Oh oh! Have you tried the dango they serve at the small shop just outside the village? We all have to go one day together!" (Y/n) said as her eyes shimmered with excitement. "Yeah! Then afterwards we can end it with some of Ichiraku's Ram-!" "Listen!" Lord Third yelled as he interrupted Naruto, catching the attention of the two and the other three who were paying attention to the rambles of the two Genin. "I-I'm sorry," Kakashi apologized sheepishly as he turned to look at the Hokage. "Maaaaan! You always lecture me, old man! But I'm not that little prankster that you think I am!" Naruto yelled as he turned around and pouted like a five-year-old. 'Maaan, I'm going to get scolded later...' Kakashi sighed as he rubbed the back of his head. Both Iruka and Sarutobi chuckled at the sight of Naruto. "Come on Naruto! I'm sure we'll get an awesome mission soon and then you can show everybody that you'll be the future Hokage!" (Y/n) said with a big smile as she squatted in front of the sulking ninja. 'Those two kids who could only express themselves with pranks... They might have grown up but they still act the same... As if they have never been separated. One more mature than the other but still think alike as one...' "Okay fine!" The Hokage spoke up, catching everybody's attention again, "If you insist. I'll have you do a Rank C mission." At the sound of those words both of Naruto and (Y/n)'s faces lit up with joy as a smile plastered onto their face as well. "You'll be bodyguards for someone." He explained. "Really?!" Both said at the same time. "Ah-ha! Who? Who? A feudal lord?! A princess?!" Naruto exclaimed. "Don't be so hasty. I'll introduce you now!" he said, "Could you please come in...?" All four Genin along with the Jonin looked back at the door waiting to see who wold come through. "What's this? It's just a bunch of darned squirts!" A voice said as they opened the door. An old man came through, who reeked of alcohol and was noticeably drunk. "Huh?.." Sakura questioned. "Particularly you, the small one with the idiot face. Are you really a ninja?" the man insulted. "Ahaha! Who is the small one with the idiot face he's talking about...?" Naruto questioned. Both Sasuke and Sakura closed in on the two other ninjas. Sasuke was the tallest. Sakura followed. Next was Naruto and (Y/n), but Naruto was just a bit taller. "I think he's talking about you," Sakura whispered to Naruto behind her hand. "I'll kill him!!" Naruto yelled as Kakashi held him back. "What good will it do to kill the old man you're supposed to be guarding, you moron?!" The sensei scolded. "And you, the smallest one," he looked at (Y/n). "What good are you? You can't even hurt a fly even if you tried! How can they call you a ninja?!" the man insulted even more. "Well... Maybe not kill him," the masked Genin muttered. "Huh?" Both Sasuke and Sakura looked at her in confusion. Next thing they knew, (Y/n) had run at the man jump-kicking him, successfully knocking him out cold. Everybody in the room looked in shock as the girl used her foot to poke him. "What? He's not dead..." (Y/n) pouted.