Chapter 13: Exams Begin

"Hey... Wake up..." Kakashi stood in the doorway. "...Just let me sleep in peace..." (Y/n) mumbled. "You're supposed to be at the Academy in... two minutes," he informed the girl. Suddenly, every single bit of drowsiness she had in her immediately faded away. A few seconds passed and (Y/n) was already at the front door. "Bye Papa!!"

 (Y/n) walked through the crowd of Genin. 'They didn't wait for me?!! I'm right on time!' 'Great, then you won't have three brats holding you down' 'I need those "three brats" to be able to enter the exams!' (Y/n) huffed as she looked around. " Listen! We're being nice to you! The Chunin Exam is a high hurdle." a voice stated. 'Is that.... Kotetsu...?' The girl walked up to the front of the room and was greeted by the sight of two cocky ninjas, Kotetsu and Izumo, as kids. "A just argu-" Someone began to speak but the already aggravated (Y/n) cut them off. "Oi! Izumo! Kotetsu!" she called out, catching everybody's attention. "What's with the genjutsu? Shouldn't you two be guarding the gates or something? Stop picking on the Genin and get back to work!" (Y/n) huffed as the other's looked at her confused. "Hn, (Y/n). Wouldn't expect less... But all you have done is catch on..." Soon Kotetsu swung his leg at her, (Y/n) doing the same. But a person stopped them from going any further as they held their legs in place. 'L-Lee..?' as (Y/n) recognized the Genin she lowered her leg. "Hey Lee! Haven't seen ya in a long time, dattebane!" she said as she hugged the odd looking ninja. "Ah (Y/n)!" Lee grinned back at her. "Hey, this isn't what you promised," Another voice said. The Hatake looked to her side and saw Neji and Tenten walking towards the two. "Oh! You're all here!" (Y/n) beam with a giant smile. "What are you doing here? Didn't you just enter the academy?" Tenten questioned. "Wait, are you one of the rookies that just entered?" Neji looked down at her. "Yup!" she gave another smile. Lee turned to look at the girl, pulled down her mask and grabbed both of her hand, interlocking them. "(Y/n), I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time. Will you be my girlfriend!!" Lee exclaimed. Both of his teammates sighed as Neji walked up to (Y/n), pulling her mask back up. "Do you really think Kakashi would approve of any guy dating his daughter?" Neji looked back at Lee. "I guess not... But that doesn't mean I'll give up!" he said confidently. "Well, you should..." Tenten sighed once more. "Thanks, Neji... Owe ya one... If my mask had been off any longer people would have begun to suspect... Too many people know already..." (Y/n) whispered to the Hyuga. "Well a mask doesn't do much," he whispered back. Neji knew about (Y/n)'s situation. The Hyuga had learned how to read chakra signatures way before the two had met. And as soon as they first met, Neji had recorded her chakra in his mind, seeing as how strange it was. After being able to freely walk through Konoha again, Kakashi and she bumped into Gai and his team. Neji immediately knew who she was, her appearance couldn't change her chakra. So that made it four friends who knew about her true self. "Oi, (Y/n)!" Sakura's voice yelled. "What was that big scene about?" she huffed in annoyance, making the Hatake's eyebrow twitch. Her team had been the ones to call out the two ninjas before (Y/n) had interrupted Sasuke. The four looked at the masked Genin's team. Neji's eyes landed on the crest that resided on Sasuke's back. "Hey, you there," Neji called out, "Identify yourself." "When asking someone his name, give your own name first..." Sasuke spoke. "But you didn't give your name first when you asked for Gaara's..." (Y/n) blankly stared at the Uchiha. "You're... a rookie, right? How old are you?" Neji continued unfazed. "I'm not obliged to answer," he stated bluntly now making the Hyuga annoyed as he walked away. "He's Uchiha, Sasuke. He's thirteen" (Y/n) whispered to Neji before walking to her team. "Alright, guys let go!"

The four began to walk out of the building until a voice called out. "You, with the unpleasant look. Wait a minute," The three looked back and saw Lee but Sasuke remained looking forward. "Psst, Sasuke... I think he's talking to you" (Y/n) whispered. The Uchiha unamusedly turned around. "What is it?" he said annoyed. "Why don't you fight me here now?" Lee looked down at the Uchiha with determination. As if he wouldn't take no for an answer. Lee jumped down to the same level as the four and held his fist confidently in the air. "If I can beat Sasuke in a battle, I'll for sure win (Y/n)'s heart!" Lee exclaimed, making the girl laugh. He blew kisses towards her way that materialized as they neared her. She stood there laughing at the weird Genin as chills ran down Sakura's spine at the thought of it. As the kissed neared her, Sasuke pulled her out of the way wrapping his arms around her. "You don't know where those kisses have been..." he squinted at the kisses that stuck onto the column that stood behind (Y/n). She began to giggle at the Uchiha's weird remark and actions. He looked at the bushy browed ninja furrowed his eybrows. "Fine, I'll do it..."