Chapter 8: Training: Climb or Fall!

"She's not in any danger, just exhausted, so is your sensei," Tazuna's daughter, Tsunami, said looking at Sasuke. "Alright, thank you," he said as he sat down next to the smaller Hatake. She was sleeping peacefully, lying down on her stomach as to not hurt her wound, as she clung onto her father's sleeve. The silver-haired Jonin next to her opened his eyes and looked to his side to see his daughter. "Are you alright?" Tsunami said looking down at him. "Not really... It will just be hard just to move for about a week..." Kakashi explained as he sat up. "It would be better if you didn't move for a while," she advised making the Jonin lay back down. (Y/n)'s slowly opened catching Sasuke's attention. "Papa...?" she said as she rubbed her eyes and sat up, making her wince in pain. "Careful, you still haven't completely healed," Sasuke said placing a hand on her shoulder. "They're awake!" a certain knucklehead yelled as he hugged (Y/n). "Careful Naruto! She still has a large injury on her back!" Sakura yelled. "O-oh, sorry, (Y/n)" he withdrew sheepishly. The girl stood up and headed towards the door. "You shouldn't be moving either," Tsunami said. "I'll be alright, just going for a walk," she said soon closing the door after.

(Y/n) rested in a small field in the forest, gazing up at the clear sky. "Tired?" a voice said behind her. "Oh, hey, Haku," she said not looking back. "Something wrong?" he said taking a seat next to her. "Why isn't he dead? Why did you help him?" the girl questioned as she looked down at her lap. "Because...that is my purpose... I am a weapon to be used by Zabuza and do anything he wishes," Haku stated as he averted his gaze to her lap, looking at the necklace that held (Y/n)'s ring. "It's similar to you too, right?" he asked still looking at the necklace. "Huh, what do you mean?" she questioned looking at him. "That ring. I saw that blonde ninja in your team wearing the same one. And when you battled Zabuza, you didn't hesitate to protect him, even if that meant losing your life," Haku said. "I have to... What kind of sister would I be if I let my brother die...?" she mumbled under her breath as tears blurred her vision. "I have to go, Goodbye Haku," she said as she stood up. Not allowing Haku to say anything, she disappeared in a split second.

"Where have you been?" Kakashi interrogated the girl. "Battling a few dragons here and there. Occasionally fighting off fire-breathing fish. You know, the usual," she responded sarcastically, receiving a scoff from the Jonin. "Sensei, why did ya call us out here?" Naruto whined. "Training," he simply answered. "Training on a mission?" Sakura questioned. "Ooh! Ooh! What kind of training/" Naruto asked eagerly. "This training will require you to put your life on the line," Kakashi explained dramatically. maintaining a monotone voice. The three Genin looked at their sensei surprised. "W-What will we do?" Sakura asked hesitantly. "Tree-climbing..." he answered. "Tree-climbing?!" the blonde and pink questioned. "It's not just simply climbing a tree. You won't be using your hands for this." the Jonin explained. "What...? How?" Sakura slumped over in disbelief. "Watch. (Y/n), you're up!" Kakashi called the girl. She walked up to a tree, not bothering to make any hand signs, she began walking on the tree, up to the top. The three Genin watched surprise as the girl made her way up. "So see, kind of like that," Kakashi said looking up at her. "Focus the chakra on the bottoms of your feet and make them stick to the tree trunk. If you use chakra well, you can do things like this," he explained. "Hold on a minute. How does something like that make you strong?" Sakura exclaimed at the man. "The point is to be able to accumulate the amount of chakra needed to the required spot. This is surprisingly difficult, even for expert ninja. And the bottoms of your feet are the most difficult place to gather chakra. And if you are able to achieve that, it will be possible to master any jutsu. In theory that is," he explained. "Yeah, and in your case, it wouldn't hurt, Haruno," (Y/n) mocked from the top of the tree only making the girl grit her teeth in anger in return. "Here, use these kunai to mark your progress. From there, make an effort to climb higher than before," the sensei said as he threw a kunai in front of each Genin. "This training is nothing! Ha, it's too easy for me! After all, I am the one who's grown the most!" Naruto claimed. "Well, it took (Y/n) two months to fully master it... But, enough with the talk... Now get to it," Kakashi ordered. (Y/n) looked down at the Genin as they held the Hitsuji (Ram) hand seal and gathered their chakra. 'Hehe, Sasuke and Naruto gonna faaaaaaiiiil' she thought as she jumped to a lower branch. "Alright! Here I go!" Naruto yelled as they all ran towards their tree. Naruto barely made two steps onto the tree. Sasuke made it quite a ways. And of course, Sakura made it to the first branch, which was still high off the ground. "Hey, this is pretty easy!" Sakura yelled catching everybody's attention. "So it looked like the ones with the best chakra control is Sakura and (Y/n), the girls," Kakashi spoke. "Good job, Haruno!" the small Hatake said with a big smile as she waved down at Sakura, surprising the pinkette. "Way to go Sakura! Just what I expected from you!" Naruto yelled, 'Though it does kinda tick me off...' "Tch, whatever..." Sasuke said looking back at his tree. 'I wanted Sasuke to notice me... Why does this always happen?...' Sakura slumped over. "Well, not only does Sakura have knowledge about chakra, her control and stamina are pretty good. It looks like she might be closer to becoming Hokage... unlike someone else." Kakashi teased the Uzumaki. "And also, the Uchiha Clan isn't really that great..." he teased the Uchiha making a scowl appeared on his face. "Shut up Sensei!" Sakura yelled at the silver-haired Jonin. 'Sasuke won't like me then!' the girl pouted. "Don't worry guys! I'll stay up here and cheer you guys on! I'll wait up here until you guys make it, dattebane!" (Y/n) yelled waving down at the two. Naruto looked up and smile while giving a thumbs up and Sasuke looked at the girl and smirked at her. 'Cha! She gets a smile from Sasuke and I don't?!' Inner Sakura punched the air. "I'll be the first to make it up to (Y/n), then I'll beat Sasuke for sure, dattebayo!" Naruto yelled.