Chapter 14: dirty tabloids

Michael and Kayla have finally planned a wedding date, 10th of July. It was a tight squeeze since Kayla was due on the 15th. This meant there would probably be no honeymoon until after their baby girl was born.

It was 3pm and Kayla had her wedding dress ready and was easy access. Not for Michael, for the baby. If her water broke, Kayla would instantly rip her dress off exposing her under gown, that is only if she does go into labour.

Michael:
I feel bad. I'm getting married and I'm soon going to have a daughter. All I want is to be with my family. I can't do that if I have to work I mean I already took 8 months off and money will run tight if I keep going the way I'm going. When the baby is born, she will need the things all newborns need, and since Kayla isn't working yet, I will need the money to provide for my daughter. I really don't know what to do yet.

Michael and Kayla are all over the news. Tabloids spread like wildfire. Headlines ruled across New York screens
"Michael Jackson is broke"
"Michael Jackson is having a daughter"
"Michael Jacksons wife Kayla is a whore"
"Michael and Kaylas fake relationship"
"Kayla is cheating on mike!?"

Michael and Kayla did not understand why the press couldn't leave them alone in peace to have this baby. But how did the press even end up with these stories? How did they know Kayla was having a girl, how did they know that Michael was rapidly losing money? It was all downhill, Michael and Kayla had never been out the house since Kayla was 3 months into pregnancy and was barely showing.

"Michael why did you do this" Kayla screamed
"I swear, I didn't do anything baby" Michael replied
"Don't lie to me, how would they know all of that unless it was coming from someone who knew it was all happening?!" Kayla had tears in her eyes
"All I wanted was for us to be a happy family, I wouldn't care if the press found out about her when she was a little bit older" Kaylas voice cracked

"Baby you know I would never do that to you, I swear on everything I have, I swear to god I never said anything to the press, it has to be someone we know and has been here for all of it"

"I can't even look at you right now, why would someone else know that you are going broke but I wouldn't!? Huh, tell me now and I will leave."

"Kayla please hear me out, I didn't want you to stress I asked my brothers to help financially"

*Kayla cut him off*

"Stop, I'm leaving. Okay. Why don't you go run off and tell the press that since all you want is money."
Kayla broke down into tears

"Don't leave, it's not. A daughter deserves a father"
Michael said as he clenched his fists.
The room filled with all the emotions.

"Sometimes, a baby needs a father figure, not always get biological father Michael"

Kayla packed her bags and ordered Brian to drive her to the hospital. As Michael sat there watching everything she did, he prayed to god he would get the two most important girls in his life back. At the hospital Kayla had told the doctors she was soon to be in labour so they put her in critical care.

*a few days later*
Kayla needed someone, all alone in hospital. She needed a friend someone she could lean on. Janet was on tour and she wasn't very close with Michaels other sisters and they would probably tell him everything. She looked through her phone book, all were numbers from Michaels family members except one. Prince's number. Immediately demanding the nurse to call this number for her. Princes assistant picked up and asked who needed to talk to King (King was princes fake name) "Kayla Morales" she quickly replied. The phone straight away sounded as if it was pulled from his assistant. "Hey Kayla, how are you?" Princes soft voice comforted her.
"No time to talk, I know you finished your tour and I need you to come to the hospital as soon as possible, I will explain everything if you come, please I need someone"
Prince arrived within a heartbeat, and Kayla was sent to a different hospital room where nobody from the public would see.
Kayla burst into tears and Prince held her tight. Kayla felt safe in his arms, like she had a purpose. Prince didn't know Kayla was really pregnant, he thought the press was trying to get some juicy gossip.

After Kayla explained everything, Prince insisted that he would stay with her for a while.
He spent night after night sleeping in the visiting chair bring Kayla food (food food unlike the hospital food) this lasted almost 4 weeks.

On the other hand, Michael had been in serious depression and couldn't go back to work. One by one his staff left, their pay was getting smaller and smaller. He didn't know what to do, where to find Kayla. He needed his baby.

__________________________________