Mirajane/Laxus: Departure

If anyone happened upon the Fairy Tail guild during midnight, they would've seen a sad Mirajane Strauss embracing Laxus Dreyar.

The two had stayed behind to clean and preparer the guild for the next day, until Laxus told the sweet bartender the news. He and the Thunder Legion were going on another mission. It was a dangerous one, and a handful of mages had died trying to complete it.

"I'll be fine, sweetheart." The blonde dragonslayer tried his best to soothe the teary eyed girl.

Mira nodded but sniffles anyway. "I know. It's just...I don't want you getting hurt."

He sighed and gripped her shoulders, pushing her back some so he could look her in the eyes. "I won't, okay? Besides, it's not like I'm going alone. I have the team to back me up."

Mira's tears stopped flowing and she steeled herself. Gaining control of her resolve, she nodded once again. "Fine. Go, but you have to promise to come back alive." She knew it was childish to say, and Laxus couldn't exactly promise something like that, but she needed the reassurance.

Laxus, having noticed this, smiled down at her softly as he cupped her cheek. He leaned in, and their lips locked in a sweet and passionate kiss. "I promise." He whispered as he pulled away.

He walked out the doors with confidence.

A week later, Mirajane hadn't heard a single thing from her beloved. She was starting get anxious, but when the door to the house she shared with Laxus opened and the blonde appeared, all negative feelings vanished, and once they were in each other's arms again and sharing a gentle kiss she knew.

Laxus had kept his promise.