Chapter 12: Sick Day

Your POV
   I woke to the sound of that annoying alarm clock of mine. I sighed, I'm not really a morning person, but that doesn't matter. Apparently Lilith really likes my cooking so why not get up early every day to see the same smile of excitement every time. A small smile grazed my face as I thought of the hug Lilith would give me every time she finished eating.
   It was now 6:45 and Lilith still hasn't come for food. I started getting worried since she usually comes down while I'm actually cooking. Her food was starting to go cold so I popped it in the microwave and waited. After it was heated, I took the plate and made my way for Lilith's room upstairs. I knocked politely and waited for her response. Nothing. So I went in, Lilith was still in bed sleeping, I set her plate on her nightstand and put my hand on her forehead. She was burning up, I frowned, I picked up her plate and took it to the kitchen and placed it in the microwave. I then grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and a small towel. After I wrapped the towel around the ice pack I put some cheddar and broccoli soup on the stove. It would take a while for the soup to start cooking so I went back to Lilith's room with the ice pack. I placed the ice pack on her forehead as she stirred.
  "YN?" She said, her voice was hoarse, "you shouldn't be in here you'll get sick like me."
  "C'mon Stormy, what kind of big sister would I be if I didn't stay home and take care of my baby sis?" I said as I checked her temperature.
  "You'd be an asshole," Lilith said giggling to herself.
  "Well I'm going to get your soup and come back as quickly as possible," I informed her as I walked out her room and to the kitchen. I had timed it perfectly to where her soup would be the perfect temperature, not too hot, but also not too cold. I quickly poured the soup into a small bowl and went to give it to Lilith.
Lilith smiled as I placed the bowl on her lap,
"YN you really didn't have to do this for me," she said as she started eating.
"I really did, I wanted a new start here on the surface...and I wanted to apologize for how I acted at home...I was a real bitch to you and I just kinda took my anger out on you. I just couldn't get over how the guardians made a mistake. How they let Mom start a family in hell then decided to fix their mistake and send her to heaven. I guess in a way she died and a small piece of me went with her." I said looking away from Lilith, "I guess what I'm trying to say is... I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me..."
There was a short pause and Lilith was quiet, it made me uncomfortable.

Lilith's POV
I didn't know. I didn't know how YN felt. She never told me, she barely talked to anyone. Alex had already been sent to the surface and whenever YN would try to talk to anyone she tear up and walk away. I felt tears start to fall.
"YN...I feel awful! I never knew! I-i just thought you had turned out to be another asshole who hated me! I didn't even think to consider how you felt! How you had lost two of the closest people to you in less then a week. i didn't even consider your feelings... i only thought about myself and I see now... how selfish I was... i feel like the asshole now..." I said, I felt like I was being drowned in my tears.
"Lilith..." YN said, I could feel rage building up,"it...it's ok now, that's in the past." But it never came.
YN pulled me into a hug and started singing,

I was thinking 'bout her, thinking 'bout me,
Thinking 'bout us, what we gon' be.
Open my eyes (yeah).
It was only just a dream.
So I travelled back down that road.
Will she come back? No one knows.
I realize (yeah) it was only just a dream.

I was at the top and now it's like I'm in the basement.
Number one spot and now she find her a replacement.
I swear now I can't take it, knowing somebody's got my baby.
And now you ain't around, baby, I can't think.
I should've put it down, should've got the ring.
'Cause I can still feel it in the air,
See her pretty face, run my fingers through her hair.

My lover, my life, my shawty, my wife.
She left me, I'm tied.
'Cause I knew that it just ain't right.

I was thinking 'bout her, thinking 'bout me,
Thinking 'bout us, what we gon' be.
Open my eyes (yeah).
It was only just a dream.
So I travelled back down that road.
Will she come back? No one knows.
I realize (yeah) it was only just a dream.

When I be ridin', man, I swear I see her face at every turn.
Tryna get my Usher over I can't let it burn.
And I just hope she know that she the only one I yearn for.
More and more I miss her. When will I learn?
Didn't give her all my love, I guess now I got my payback.
Now I'm in the club thinking all about my baby.
Hey, she was so easy to love.
But wait—I guess that love wasn't enough.
I'm going through it every time that I'm alone.
And now I'm missing, wishing she'd pick up the phone.
But she made the decision that she wanted to move on
'Cause I was wrong.

I was thinking 'bout her, thinking 'bout me,
Thinking 'bout us, what we gon' be.
Open my eyes (yeah).
It was only just a dream.
So I travelled back down that road.
Will she come back? No one knows.
I realize (yeah) it was only just a dream.

If you ever loved somebody put your hands up.
And now they're gone and you're wishing you could give them everything.
Said if you ever loved somebody put your hands up.
If you ever loved somebody put your hands up.
Now they're gone and you're wishing you could give them everything.

[2x]
I was thinking 'bout her, thinking 'bout me,
Thinking 'bout us, what we gon' be.
Open my eyes (yeah).
It was only just a dream
So I travelled back down that road.
Will she come back? No one knows.

I realize (yeah) it was only just a dream.

Your POV
"Don't cry because I know that you've forgiven me, and you know that I could never stay mad at you for very long." I said.
"I couldn't have asked for anyone better than you," Lilith said a small smile grazing her face,
"Me too." I said as I walked out the room.

(1203 words)
Yay I finally finished this chapter! Okie so let me enlighten you everything that happened last chapter happened in the afternoon of this chapter, I know kind of a weird thing. Anyways pretty much what I'm saying is if Lilith hadn't gotten sick, well, my child Alex, wouldn't have gone insane :P you'll see how it all plays out later... oh and I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS BOOK HIT 4K! I CAN'T THANK YOU PEOPLES ENOUGH! oh also I won't be able to update for a while y'know gotta send time with my family, but I will reply to any questions you may have, so bye!