Dante x Travis | Love~Love Paradise

Dante's P.O.V

I was happily strolling down the beautiful pathways of love~love paradise. This place was absolutely amazing. Everything was so fresh and beautiful, my dream place, I'm so glad I managed to get last minute tickets for this!

I wonder what waterslide I should go on next... There's so many to chose from..

Ah! That one looks like fun! I said to myself.

I began walking over to the big, crowded waterslide until I heard a faint crying from behind a bush nearby.

Huh? Is someone crying over there? Who would be crying at such a lovely place like this?

I wasn't going to let them cry when they should be having fun, it's always nice to help someone out. I said to myself as I walked over to inspect the bush.

"Hello? Is somebody there?" I said as I peaked behind the bush, and what I saw shocked me.

"T-Travis? Buddy? Why are you crying?" I wondered. Why would Travis cry? He's always so happy. I wonder what got him down, unless his taco fell and he couldn't eat it anymore.

"Go away, Dante.. I don't want to talk about it.." He harshly replied, but refused to look up from his knees.

I was shocked by his reply, he really must be upset, I was beginning to get curious.

"I'm not leaving you to cry like this. Do you know how bad I'll feel? Travis, you've been my bestfriend for years now, you can tell me anything." I replied in a serious tone.

Travis just sniffed and looked up at me with his emerald eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"R-Really? I-I don't think you'd be interested.. It's more p-personal matters.." He hiccuped from crying so much.

"Travis, I already said, I'm here for you, I want to help you. Nobody should be upset on a fun holiday like this, tell me, please." I whispered and stepped over the bush to sit next to him.

"Well.." He started.

"Basically, to shorten it up, y-you know how I've been hanging out with Katelyn a lot lately?" He asked and looked over at me.

"Yeah? What about it?" I questioned, admiring his adorable face. Wait what.

"W-Well, I thought we were friends, like serious friends, like I've a-always wanted... But then.. Everytime I compliment her on something.. She just shoos me away or hits me.. It was normal back then when I'd only compliment her b-butt.. But now I'm being genuine, but she still won't accept me.." He finished and begins crying again.

"I-I just want to be her friend, I wanted to restart our friendship, b-but she just won't.. I-I know this may sound stupid.. B-But it just really hurts on how badly she's been treating me, i-I'm really trying this time, I promise, she just doesn't want anything to do with me..." Travis is full on sobbing now, his head back down into his knees.

I felt really bad for him. I know he's liked Katelyn for a long time, but now that he's trying to get accepted by her, she's shooing him away? I mean, I understand since he did flirt with her a lot and be creepy to her, but he's wanting to change for her. She should give him a chance at least.

I looked at him with worried eyes and put my arm around his shaking back.

"I'm sorry, Travis.." Was all I managed to say.

"I-it's okay.. It's not your fault.." He shakily said.

"Have you tried speaking to her seriously about this situation? And how you feel?" I asked

"N-Not really.. I just said that I wanted to be a serious friend to her.. But she just got creeped out and ignored me for the rest of the day.. I had nothing else to d-do, so I came here.."

"I think you should try telling her what you told me. She'd probably understand. But do remember, she's probably still getting over the fact that you'd always flirt with her and compliment her butt, she's most likely just scared. Talk to her." I reassured and patted his back.

"T-Thank you, Dante. You are a great friend." He said and looked up at me and half smiled.

"It's all good, buddy. That's what friends are for! Now how about we go have some fun on the waterslides to cheer you up!" I joyfully said and helped him up from the green grass.

"O-Okay, sounds like fun" He smiled wider and walked with me to the waterslide that I was originally heading for.

"Let's go on that big slide!" I say as we walked up the stairs.

"I don't know.. I'm a little scared of heights.." Travis whined

"HAHHA! Don't worry, I'll catch you at the bottom! I don't care if the lifeguards yell at me! Haha!" I joked and smiled at him

He laughed and nodded

As the lifeguard standing at the top of the slide motioned as it was time for me to slide down, I gave Travis a reassuring smile.

"Remember, I'll catch you once I'm down." I whispered and slid down the massive slide until I was at the bottom.

I took a deep breath as I was above the water and pretended to get out of the way until I saw the lifeguard tell a scared looking Travis to go down the slide and went underwater and sneak to the bottom of the slide.

As I saw Travis' figure in the slide, I quickly rushed over the bottom of the slide, and opened my arms, ready to catch him.

"AHHH!" I heard him yell as he was getting closer

"HEY! GET AWAY FROM THERE!" I heard an angry lifeguard yell at me, but I ignored him.

Soon Travis came crashing down the slide and into my arms.

"Wow Dante! Youn really did catch me!" He laughed as he was still in my arms.

"Told you I'd save ya!" We both laughed until the angry lifeguard intrupted.

"BOTH OF YOU OUT OF THE WATER NOW! YOU ARE BANNED FROM THIS SLIDE FOR DISOBEYING THE RULES!" He shouted, brining unwanted attention towards us.

Travis and I just laughed our heads off and walked over the pool, still laughing.

"HAHA! Okay, besides from getting banned from a cool waterslide, that was fun!" I said as we were walking back to our resort.

"Yes it really was! Thanks again, for making me feel better, I seriously mean it." Travis said and hugged me.

I hugged back.

"It's no problem, Travy! I'm always here for you, bro!" I happily said and snuggled into the shorter boys hair, who was snugged into my chest.