Wanted - Sherlock x Reader x Lestrade

You were just starting the third month at your job. That was two and a half months longer than anyone else had lasted. You served as the liaison between Scotland Yard and Sherlock Holmes. Sherlock apparently found you tolerable and you didn't let his eccentricities bother you. Currently you'd been here for two hours waiting for him to exit his mind palace. You'd already straightened the apartment as you tended to do when you were here and bored.

"Hello, John," you said as Dr. Watson walked into 221B. 

He smiled. "Hello, y/n. I didn't know you were coming over today."

You hummed in agreement. "Greg has some paperwork he needs you two to sign. It's on kitchen table if you don't mind."

"Yeah, of course," he said immediately and headed in that direction. John was always easy, ready to accommodate. If only the same could be said of his flat mate. "Where's Sherlock?" he asked when he walked back in.

"In his mind palace which happens to be in the bedroom today," you told him.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, y/n."

You shrugged. "Don't be. I get paid whether I'm sitting here or at the office. And this is much more peaceful than the Yard."

He sank into his chair. After a moment he glanced around then looked at you. "Did you clean the flat?"

"Don't I always?" you asked, amused.

"You do?" he sounded surprised. 

You laughed and pulled your phone out as it had began to ring. Detective Inspector Lestrade.

"Hello, sir," you answered.

"Really? We're still on that sir thing?" he asked, irritated. "It's Greg, yeah?"

Your lips twitched. "Yes, sir."

He sighed and you didn't bother fighting the smile any longer. He wasn't here to see it anyway. "Listen, is he there?"

"Yes, but not, if you get my meaning."

"Yeah, I get it. See if you can bring him round. I'm on my way over. It's time to bring them on with what we discussed this morning." He hung up without waiting for a response.

You put your phone away and looked at John. "Greg is coming over. He needs to speak to you and Sherlock."

"Well, I'm fine with that, but you know Sherlock. He could be in there for hours, or days." He threw his hands up in frustration. 

"I'll take care of Sherlock. You just keep an eye out for the Inspector." You went to Sherlock's door and knocked on it. When you received no response, you let yourself in and shut the door behind you. 

Sherlock sat cross-legged in the middle of the floor. His hands were resting on his knees. The purple shirt he wore stretched tightly across his chest. His dark hair was a curly mess as usual and if his eyes were open, you'd be staring at a startling shade of icy blue. You took a moment to enjoy the view before sitting in front of him, mirroring his position. 

"Hello, Sherlock. The Inspector is on his way over to talk to you. He's going to tell you that you've been assigned a permanent detective at the yard who will work with you on all your cases. This is the point where you will argue that there is no one you could possibly trust enough to work with in such conditions. He'll say you already know them and when you demand to know who, he will tell you it is me." You tilt your head to look at the man you'd been attracted to from the moment you heard of the first case he'd solved for the Yard. He showed no signs of interest, but you knew at least part of him was listening.