Thinking 'bout You - Eric Northman - True Blood

Eric answered his phone with a growl. "Northman."

"Hello, Eric," responded Sookie Stackhouse's saccharine sweet voice. It was one he was well familiar with but hadn't heard in a while.

"I'm not really in the mood to deal with you or Bill this evening, Sookie. Perhaps another time."

"What about Honey?" she asked. That stupid nickname she called you was enough to stop him before he hung up the phone.

"Come again?"

"Honey's here. Been drinkin' and needs someone to take her home. I think that someone should be you."

Eric sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had met you because you were Sookie's best friend. Somehow between your sassy mouth and genuine concern for those around you, he had fallen for you. Quite hard if truth be told. Not that he had any intention of admitting to it.

Instead, he had nurtured the friendship beginning to form between the two of you until you were nearly inseparable. His bad mood was actually because he hadn't spoken to you in two days. You weren't returning his calls and he had no idea why.

"Eric?" Sookie asked when he'd been silent for too long.

He licked his lips. "I am quite busy this evening. Is there some reason you cannot take her home?"

"Of course, I can, but I'm not the reason she's been drinking all night. The blame for that is all on you this time."

"I'll be there momentarily." Perhaps you'd at least had enough to drink to tell him why you were angry with him. He needed things to get back to normal between the two of you. He flew to Merlotte's so he could drive your car home. Besides, not having to stick to roads shortened the time it took him to get there considerably.

He landed in the parking lot and ran his hands over his hair in an attempt to make sure it was presentable. Once he stepped inside, his gaze found you immediately. He tilted his head and looked you over as you frowned at the table in front of you and peeled the label from your bottle of beer. He ran a hand through his hair one more time then made his way to you.

***

You glanced up when someone sat across from you in the booth. Your heart flipped when you saw Eric. You bit your lip and concentrated on keeping your pulse regular. The thing that sucked about developing feelings for a vampire is it was really freaking hard to hide it. How many times was he going to buy the excuses you came up with for why your heart was pounding? At least he couldn't read your mind like Sookie. God, maybe you needed some new friends.

You shifted your weight under Eric's scrutiny. It wasn't like him to not say what was on his mind. "What brings you here?"

His eyes widened in surprise. "I was summoned to collect you. I thought Sookie would have told you."

Damn it, Sookie, you thought loud, making certain she would pick it up.

"Love you, too," she called from where she was waiting for drinks at the bar.

You shook your head and put your gaze back on the bottle in your hands. "She didn't tell me anything. I'm sorry she bothered you."

He sighed and slumped against the back of his seat. "Why are you here?"

"I was drinking but Sam cut me off."

"Why?"

"Because he's an asshole," you stated loudly only to receive a wave from the man in question.

Eric chuckled. "That's not what I meant and you know it. Why are you drinking and why here? Why did you not come to Fangtasia? You know that I would take care of you."