Content - Oliver Queen

Your phone rang. It was a number you didn't recognize and you pushed the button to dismiss the call. A minute later it rang again. The same number. You dismissed it again with a frown. When they called for the third time in five minutes you gave into your curiosity and answered. "Hello?"

For a moment there was no response. Then a clearing of a throat followed by the soft call of your name.

"Yes?"

"It's Oliver."

You sucked in a breath and tears flooded your eyes instantly. "I don't know who this is, but that isn't funny."

"I'm not joking. It's me."

"That's not possible. Oliver's dead." Your thumb hovered over the button, ready to disconnect the call. But there was that little thread deep inside that wished it was true. That this voice on the other side of the phone could be your Oliver because god, you'd missed him. Every single day since that boat had gone down.

"Who else would know to call you?"

That gave you pause. You and Oliver had been seeing each other for two years when he vanished, but the only one that knew besides the two of you was Laurel Lance. She was his public girlfriend. The face in the press. In reality she would disappear to study for law school and you and Ollie would spend time together.

Besides the fact your brother was his best friend, your father had put him on the absolutely not list of potential suitors for you. Not that there were many on the yes list. Your dad could be a little over protective. And a bit of an ass if you were honest. When you'd casually mentioned maybe going on a date with Oliver, your father had threatened to cut you off completely. That included not paying for school.

He called your name when you'd been silent for too long.

"It can't really be you." Your voice was quiet, little more than a whisper. Hot tears ran down your cheeks and you bit back a sob. Every single part of you wanted it to be him. Wanted this dream to be real, but it was impossible.

"The night before I left, I asked you to marry me."

At that you were no longer able to contain your cries. You'd never told anyone that. Not even Laurel. It had been your secret. A piece of Oliver that was just yours. You sucked in a ragged breath. "Where are you?"

"Starling General. Room 1241."

You hung up without saying goodbye and grabbed your bag. You took the stairs two at a time and pushed past your dad and brother who were coming in the door as you left. You ignored them calling after you. Nothing was going to stop you until you saw Oliver with your own eyes.

The drive to the hospital was a blur. You parked and hurried inside. You must have pressed the button for the elevator a dozen times as if that would make it arrive faster. When you finally arrived at the twelfth floor you hurried through the halls to the room number he'd given you. A nurse tried to get your attention as you racecd by, but you ignored her.

"Miss," she called again as you opened the door and stepped into the room.

A man stood in front of the window looking out at the city. Oliver. His hair was shorter and his shape had changed but it was him. Your heart raced and your chest drew tight. Moisture flooded your eyes again. You opened your mouth to say his name and were interrupted by the nurse busting into the room behind you.

"Miss, you can't be here."

Oliver snapped around, his eyes instantly finding yours. And just like that, five years disappeared. If anything, you only loved him more.