You Owe Me - Martin Riggs - Lethal Weapon (TV)

A/N: This is super long. Warning for language

***

"Riggs," Roger Murtaugh hissed at his partner. "Riggs!"

Still no response. 

"Martin Riggs!" he said louder and knocked the other man's boots off the desk. 

Riggs jerked upright. "What? What is it?" 

Murtaugh followed his partner's line of sight to see what had him so entranced. A woman sat in Captain Avery's office. She wore biker leathers and her hair was dyed in a rainbow of colors. Roger didn't have to be able to see to know she undoubtedly had the tattoos to match. 

"You have a thing for biker's now?" he asked with an arched brow. The woman had been in Avery's office for a long time and Murtaugh wondered which case she was a witness for. If she was a perp, she'd be in an interrogation room, not the captain's office. 

Riggs turned back and shuffled paperwork on his desk. He raked a hand through his messy hair. "Don't be stupid. She just looked familiar. That's all."

"The tough biker chick looks familiar?"

Riggs shrugged. "Maybe I busted her before. Who knows? Have we heard anything from Bailey on the Johnson case?"

Murtaugh tore his gaze from the woman. "Yeah. She arrested the brother. It's wrapped."

Before Riggs could say anything, the door to Avery's office opened and the two walked out laughing. "I'll leave you to it, then," the captain said before walking off.

Murtaugh watched as the woman smirked at the back of Riggs' head as he read through a file on his desk. She grabbed an empty chair and dropped into it. She twirled it around then propped her feet on Riggs' desk. 

Martin jerked his head to the side and blinked at seeing the boots on his desk. He leaned back in his chair. "Can I help you with--" he started as he turned to face the woman wearing them. He cut off as he caught sight of her face. 

"Y/N?" he asked with a twist of his head.

She smirked. "Hello, Martin."

There was a pause then Riggs surged forward and hugged her. "What the hell are you going here?"

"I take it you two know each other then?" Murtaugh asked.

Riggs leaned back in his chair. "Y/N, this is my partner Roger Murtaugh. Rog, this is Y/N Y/L/N, my best friend and one of the best damned rangers you'll ever meet."

***

You hid the relief you felt at his words. Your relationship had shifted after Miranda died. You spent a lot of time arguing with him about not getting the help you knew he needed. You weren't sure what he considered you anymore. You were also relieved he didn't seem pissed you'd shown up with no warning. You crossed your arms over your chest. 

"Martin. As your best friend, I have to ask you a very serious question," you said, not missing the look of panic that flashed in his eyes. "When was the last time you had a haircut, dude? Seriously. Surely that's not regulation." You glanced at Roger as you said the last. 

He smiled. "Riggs isn't regulation. His hair is the least of our worries."

"You're one to talk. Look at you," Martin said and gestured to, well, all of you.

"Undercover. Finally took down the Tarentella's supplier. Now, I'm on vacation. I was already almost here so..." you trailed off and shrugged. There was more to it than that, but that would satisfy Martin for now.