He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Rumplestiltskin slowly made his way over to me. He just stood, towering above me, wile I still sat on the floor. He slightly cocked his head to the side. He reminded me of a dog.

"What are you doing here?" His voice was high pitched, but soft. Not at all what I was expecting.

"I was dared to..." I trailed off. He obviously knew what I had to do.

His face scrunched, "Why would you do what those incipient girls tell you to?"

"I-I don't know. I want to fit in. I want to get married, and have a family."

He cocked and eye brow, "Is that so?" He extended a hand to me and I hesitantly took it. "Well, I hope you find the man you are looking for." He pulled me onto my feet.

I stood quietly for a moment, thinking. 'If That was true love's kiss, that makes us true love. Is he the man I'm looking for?' I looked him over. He was short and scraggly, but dressed in the finest leathers and silk. He was handsome, "Are you the man I'm looking for?"

"Oh, dearie." He giggled, "I am not a man, let alone the one for any fair maiden, such as yourself. Now I'm sending you home. Don't worry, no one will remember tonight."

"But..." I was cut off by a a gust of wind, and then I was at home.

I curled up under the covers. I had just met my true love, and he didn't want me. No one wanted me. I cried myself to sleep.

The next morning I got up and went outside. The cold wind sent shivers down my spine. I wrapped my thin cloak around me tighter, but it didn't help much.

I went on my way and did all my chores. When I finely finished the sun was close to setting. I decided to go for a walk. I didn't want to go to bed.

I walked down a paths in the woods. It was dark and only lit by the light of the moon. I had snuck out again, so no one knew where I was.

I couldn't shake the feeling I was being watched. I couldn't see or hear anything, but I couldn't shake the feeling.

All at once I was knocked to the ground. My hands and face it the ground. Jagged rocks cut into my cheek and and palms. Three claws dig deep into my flesh. Then they were ripped out. I heard the wolf cry out in pain. There was a quick gust of wind, and then I was laying on a bed.

I felt Rumplestiltskin Tare my cloths a bit more, so he could get to the claw marks. I'm not sure how, but I knew it was him. He pressed a wet cloth against the marks and I let out a yelp in pain.

"Please, sit up."

I obeyed him, and sat up. My eyes met his. They were calmer then last time. I felt another gush of wind, and I was wearing leather pants and a blouse. My dad would never let me wear pants. I goggled at them for a minute.

"Please stand up and lift your blouse, so I can care for the wound properly." He requested.

I stood up and turned my back to him. I lifted the back of my house just enough for him to see the claw marks. He waved his hand over it, and they were gone.