Call Me

"Oh, good. You two are back. I have chosen my earrings, Mr. Gold." She walked up to the counter and set the earrings on it.

They made their transaction and we went out to the car. I didn't even say good bye. I couldn't look at him. It was just a spur of the moment thing, but it felt real to me.

When me and mom go back in the car, she started it and looked at me, "Why did you go back there with that man?"

"What?"

"Why did you go to the back of the shop with Rumplestiltskin, alone?" She pulled the car onto the road.

"Um, to see a book he had." I turned to the window, trying to hide my bright pink cheeks.

"I know, I just mean you should never be alone with him. I don't trust him. No one really does. Except that fool, Belle." Now, there was something I could agree with; 'that fool Belle'. "He might gut you with that dagger of his or something."

"I don't think so, mom." I felt a flair of anger spark inside me when she mentioned the dagger.

"No, really honey. He is a horrible man, you should never trust. He has killed so many innocent people. I can't.."

"Can you please not talk about him like that?"

"Honest, he is..."

"No mom!" I spun around to face her, "He really isn't like that!"

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do. We are friends mom."

"Mr. Gold is different from Rumplestiltskin. Now that Rumplestiltskin is back he will be completely different."

"I wasn't talking about Gold! I think I talked to him once. I was friends with Rumple in the Enchanted Forest before the curse!"

"No you were not. I would have known."

I angrily pulled out my phone and found his contact. It rung a couple times and me picked up.

"Y/N, can you let me digest what I did before we discussed this?"

"I'm gonna put you on speaker so you can help us with something." I hit the speaker button.

"Dear, I don't really want to."

"Dear!?" My mom asked surprised.

"Rumple, will you please tell my mom we were friends in the Enchanted Forest." I asked holding my phone out in front of me.

"Well, I suppose we were. Before..."

"Yeah, that is over thought." I cut him off. I didn't need my mom to know about about the beast. "Thank you Rumple. We can talk about everything later. Call me then."

"Okay. Good bye."

"Bye." I hung up. "Do you believe me now?"

"Really? You could pick anyone to be your friend and you picked the most evil villain in all the realms?" My mom shook her head.

"Yeah!"

She pulled up to my apartment building, "I will be talking to your father about this."

"Fine!" I got out and slammed the door like a moody teenager.