Necklace

Rumple's POV

I heard the bell above the door ring and I stepped out of the back room. Y/N, the girl I was once in love with, stepped into the shop. I knew she didn't remember, and it was better off  that way.

She walked over to the window, and picked up a necklace. It had a grey chain, and a small vile hung on it. It was once filled with the dust of a dark fairy, but the blue/grey dust held no power in this world. The necklace held no power, besides the memories.

I saw Y/N on occasion. Normally she would call for me if she needed anything. I always looked forward to our visits. I had fallen in love with her, but I never acted on my feelings. I may have loved her, but she could never love a beast like me.

On this particular day she had called me wile I was in the middle of a deal, but I couldn't resist a visit. I left in the middle of a deal and appeared to her.

She ran up to me, "Rumple! Tonight is the village ball, and I don't have anything to wear!"

I giggled at the girls worried tone, "Don't you worry. What can I get you?"

"I need a dress. That's it. What will it cost me?"

"Hum." I thought, "A hair from you head."

She giggled and bowed her head so I could reach a hair easily. I pulled a hair and transported it back to my castle.

Then I caused a wand to appear in my hand. I had killed a fairy for this particular wand, and it was enchanted to do things like this. I waved it over her and a beautiful purple gown appeared on her.

She gasped and spun around in it. It wasn't anything special. It was only a simple gown, but she loved it.

Because of the enchantment on the wand, the dress would draw attention to her from her 'prince charming', and I wasn't sure how he could ever miss her. She looked gorgeous, but it was missing something. A necklace.

I couldn't just give her something though. She would know how I felt for sure, but I had a plan. The silver chain with the vile appeared in my hand.

Y/N gasped, "What is that going to cost me?"

"Not a thing. The powder in the vile is the dust of a dark fairy. Throw it on any foe and they will be turned into a bug. I am giving it do you, because I am invested in your future. You are one of my best costumers."

"Thank you." She turned around and moved her hair. I put the necklace over her head and clasped it shut behind her.

Your POV

I jumped when I turned around. I was surprised to see Mr. Gold. I didn't realize it was his shop. I walked up to the counter and held out the necklace, "Please tell me about this necklace."

He took the necklace from my hand. My heart skipped a beat. I had never been attached to older men before, but there was something about him. I couldn't place it though.

"This is a pure silver chain. The vile is made of diamond imbedded glass. I'm not sure what is in it, but I do suggest you don't open it." His sweet accent filled my ears.