A Date

There was a knock at the door. The butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I couldn't believe the man of my dreams was actually taking me out! We were together at last, and couldn't remember a single moment I was ever happier then this.

I ran to the door, and stopped. I took a breath and straightened my dress before opening the door, "Hey."

"You ready?" The local handy man, Billy, smiled at me.

My heart pounded in my ears. I had never felt this way before. I dared to ask myself, 'Is this want love feels like?' The moment I did I got a sharp headache. I went as soon as it came. I knew someone, this wasn't true love.

"Yeah, lets go." I stepped out of my small apartment, and walked down the hall with him. When we got to the car he opened the door for me and I climbed in.

We drove down to Granny's, the dinner in town. When we got in there Ruby, the waitress, took our orders. I looked at Billy. He was perfect. He had a steady job, a steady life, and he was so nice.

I was lost in conversation with him where I heard the door open, and naturally I looked up to see who it was. A shorter man, wearing a striking black suit walked in. His hand tightly grasped the cane as he made his way over to a relatively new citizen, Emma Swan.

I watched as they talked. Their voices were hushed, but the conversation seemed to be pretty heated. It wasn't unusual for the man, Mr. Gold, to get into fights with people. He was very stubborn, and rude. At least, that's what I had heard. I thought for a moment, and realized, I had never once actually talked to the man.

"You okay y/n?"

I swung my gaze back to Billy, "I'm sorry. I was just curious what Mr. Gold and Emma are fighting about. It doesn't matter though." I smiled in an attempt to bring the focus back to our conversation.

"No, it's fine. I was actually wondering the same thing." He gave a half smile.

Then Ruby came up and sat our food on the table. We had a nice meal, and I agreed to a second second date even. After that we left. He offered to drive me back home, but I told him I had some errands to run.

I went to the grocery, and got some snack foods. Then I went to the resale shop to get some new tennis shoes, because mine were worn through.

On the walk home I did a bit of window shopping. I knew I probably couldn't afford any of it, but it was nice to look.

I noticed a necklace in one of the windows. I walked into the shop to get a closer look. A small bell rang when I walked in. It was a small, dark shop. Many different objects cluttered the counters and shelves.