The Dark Castle

I sat in a red velvet chair in front of the fire place, in the large dining hall. I sipped tea, admiring all the beautiful objects on display around the room.

Rumplestiltskin sat across from me, in the other chair. This legs were cris-crossed in the chair, yet he sat up straight. He reminded me of a child, attempting to be grown up. Maybe he was. Maybe he was just a child, trying to be an adult. Maybe he never really had a childhood.

I looked up at his stunning gold eyes. He was staring blankly at the fire.

"Tell me about your childhood." I requested.

He head snapped back to me. His eye were wild and his eyebrows forrowed, "Excuse me?"

"You must have been a child at one point." I giggled.

"Yes, I was. But I don't see how that is any of your business."

I shrugged. Then muttered under my breath, "You are my soul mate."

"What was that, dearie!?"

"Nothing."

"Hum." He nodded looking looking back at the fire, "I do believe I will be off to my bedchambers. You are welcome to spend the night. I'm afraid, none of the other chambers have been prepared though. You may say in the lounge if you please."

"Yes, I would like to."

He stood up and made his way out the door, into the hall. I jumped up, and followed him. He led me down the hallway to another room. It was darker then other ones. It had a fire place and some chairs and couches.

He waved his hand. A feather pillow appeared on the couch closest to the fire, along with a gold blanket.

"Thank you." I made my way over to the couch, and got under the blanket.

He waved his hand dismissively, "It was no chore."

"Thanks anyway. Goodnight." I smiled at him.

"Goodnight." He turned around and walked towards the door.

"Wait!" I called after him. He spun around on his heels, and gave me a confused look. "Um, I'm... afraid."

He looked around and scrunched his nose, "Afraid? Afraid of what?"

"I don't know." I looked down in an attempt to not make eye contact, "Our hut isn't very big. I share a room with all of my siblings. I've never slept in a room alone."

"Would you like to go home?" He asked.

I shook my head, "Can you stay in here with me."

He scrunched his nose up, glaring at me. Slowly his face softened. He moved his hand, and a spinning wheel appeared next to him. He sat down and started spinning something. I couldn't tell what in the dark though.

I lay down one the soft couch, just staring at the ceiling. I liked the Dark Castle. I honestly couldn't figure out why people were so afraid of it. Or Rumplestiltskin for that matter. He had been so nice to me. I mean, I had met nicer, but he wasn't the awful beast everyone made him out to be.