Diner and a Beast

I put on my best makeup, and my favorite dress. I decided to wear the necklace he gave me as well. At the time I thought it had meant something, but I would appear I was wrong.

When I arrived at dinner Rumple and Belle were already there. I forced a smile and went over to booth. Rumple and Belle sat on one side and I sat on the other.

"Good evening Y/N. How are you?" Rumple was so formal. It sent shivers down my spine. Why was he like this? He was never like this with me!

"I'm fine. How are you two?"

"I'm good." Belle's cheerful voice dug like nails through my head. Belle was always nice, and honestly it was annoying.

"Fine dearie." He shot me a genuine smile.... for once.

I fixed my purse and coat on the seat next to me. I glanced at Rumple. His had gradually moved to his tie, like he was pulling at a non existent necklace. I followed his gaze to the necklace around my neck. I smiled at the memory.

The necklace brought back a lot of memories. Not all were good though. One particularly bad one flashed across my vision.

I ran through the forest. 'Faster! Faster!' I told myself in my head, trying, trying, trying to beet him. I would have given anything to get away. To have the release of never meeting Rumplestiltskin. He had dragged me into this. How could he?

I heard the beast's steps echo through the forest. I ran as hard as I could, and then I saw it. I felt the tears and blood fall down my face. It was cliff. I had nowhere to go. I stopped and looked back.

The beast stopped in front of me. He paced back and forth. I only had one way to go, and that was off the cliff.

"Dark One!" He didn't come, "Rumplestiltskin!.... Rumple, I need you." The last part was a little more sad, and a bit winey.

"Oh calling your boyfriend I see!" The beast taunted.

Rumple suddenly appeared between me and the beast. He was facing me, "What can I do?"

"I need help Rumple! Can't you see that?"

"Oh, I can dearie. I made a deal though. I can't help you now. I apologize. Why don't you just do what I have taught you?"

"You know I don't know how to use my magic yet. I don't have control! How could I defeat him?!" I pointed at the best behind him.

"I'm sorry dear." He was gone. I assumed I would never see him again. Actually, I hoped, beyond hoped that I would never see him again.

Then I noticed something on the ground. Something that saved my life. I was my necklace. He left it for me!

"Y/N, are you okay?" Rumple asked.

I snapped out of my thoughts, "Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking about... my necklace."

Belle giggled, "Please tell me, what's special about it, that you are thinking of it so intensely."