| II |

Things were going smoothly after the exam had passed. I returned home after the practical portion, tired and a bit sore. But, was fine after a couple days. I still went about my regular routines as the end of middle school was coming to an end.

Opening the door, I lazily kick off my shoes, walking inside my house with a bag of groceries. "I'm home!" I yell. Hearing my footsteps on the wooden floor, I see my mother sitting down on the couch, watching TV she turns to me and gives me a smile, standing.

"(Name)! You got a letter today! From U.A! Hurry up and open it!" She says with a happy tone. I smile at her and take the letter from her hand. Quickly placing down the bag, she and I walk over to the couch and sit down.

"Should I wait for Dad to come home?" I ask, clearly hesitating. Anxious about the letter, I didn't want to open it. I was conflicted in my head, thinking I did well, but I didn't want to be disappointed.

My mother hums for a moment, thinking.

"Maybe we should, we have a couple of hours until your dad gets home. Michi will be coming home soon, too. We should open it as a family!" She says with excitement. I sweat drop, worried.

"But what if I don't get in? I don't want to waste all your time..." I say while looking at my lap. "But I know you'll get in! You worked so hard to get there! Your dad helped you train your Quirk, too! And you know he has your back. We all do!"

I stare at my mother for a moment, pausing. I smile. "You're right." My mother smiles back. "Alrighty, young lady! Since we have a while until they get here, you have to get cleaning! This house it a mess!" She exclaims. I simply groan as I flop back into the couch.

"I just got home! And this house is already really clean!"

"Well, you know I hate my house being dirty! And I want your dad to come home to a happy and clean home! Now go! I have to take care of Renzo!"

"AhGH."

"Stop groaning, (Name)!"

I smile, thinking about how grateful I was for my family. With a sigh, I get up from the couch and began doing the dishes.

A couple hours later, my brother comes home a little before my dad.

"(Name)? I heard you got a letter from U.A! Did you open it yet?"

"No. Mom and I wanted to wait for you and Michi."

My dad hums in response, before continuing to eat his food. We sat at the table in silence, enjoying the homecooked meal that my mother prepared. " Nechi going to be a heewo?" My little brother asks, unable to properly annunciate his words. I laugh a little.

"If I make it into the school."

"Well, there's always Shiketsu! It's a little farther, but your dad can probably get you in."

"I mean, I guess..."

Renzo starts clapping happily before my mom shoves the spoon of rice into his mouth. "You better eat young man! You have to grow big and strong like your brother!" Michi smiles at this, before putting a piece of egg into Renzo's bowl.

"I think you should open the letter by yourself," Michi says to me while pushing up his glasses.

"I think it's a lot of pressure if we all sit there and watch her." He continues before eating a piece of egg. My dad hums in agreement, while my mother nods. I look at my older brother and smile. 

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

After dinner, I leave them to clean up so I could check on the mail that I had gotten from U.A. I enter my room with a sigh after taking a refreshing shower.

I stare at the envelope placed neatly on my desk, wondering about whether I passed the exam or not. I knew that I wasn't terrible with my Quirk, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high. I knew for a fact that I passed the exam since I had studied for it, but once again, I didn't want to think that highly of myself and get a result that disappointed me.

Taking a deep breath, I carefully open the envelope with a letter opener, taking out the letter placed inside, but I felt an odd bump still confined in the envelope. I open the piece of paper wider and I see a metal button of sorts laying inside.

Carefully taking it out, I examine it between my index finger and thumb. Thinking that it was some sort of pin or something. I place it on the desk and begin reading the letter, my palms getting sweaty.

"Greetings, Young (Last Name), It is OK. For I am here to reveal the results of your exam to you!" I hear something yell, and it scared the shit out of me as the voice was familiar, yet not someone of my household. "HOLY SH-" I get cut off as a projection of All Might appears "You have done exceptionally well on your written exam, getting a high score on it! As for your score on the practical exam, you have exceeded everyone's expectations! You scored 75 on the practical exam! Giving you 2nd place in scores!"

"Damn, I did pretty well." I say to myself with a smile "You might be wondering, how we scored it. The test wasn't only based off of villain points. There were RESCUE POINTS! You earned 35 rescue points for saving 2 people from harm!!" He says excitedly.

'I wasn't thinking that but okay.' I thought to myself. "As for that boy you saved, don't worry! He passed as well for destroying the obstacle and saving many!" He says.

I smile as the scores were shown with my name at the top. I look at the student above my name. I smile at the name, letting out a sigh.

'This is going to be one hell of a year.'