| XIII |

It has been a couple days since everyone came over. Since then, everyone in class A has been working hard for the sports festival. We train in and outside of class in our own ways. This festival would be something to remember. 

Soon enough, the morning of the sports festival came.

"I'll be going now!" I shout. I put on my shoes and open the front door. My mother, Renzo, and Michi watch me leave. "Alright. Be careful, (Nick Name)" Michi tells me. I turn around and snort at him after putting on my shoes. "Since when did you start calling me that again?" 

"Do you want me to stop?"

"Nope! Thanks, Aniki!"

"DON'T BE A WHIMP, (Nick Name)!" My mother yells, using my nickname as well. "I won't. I'll do my best for you two."

"What about me!" Renzo whines.

"You too, buddy," I say while kissing his forehead.

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

I get to into the school after passing the press and several other people. I walk into the classroom and set down my stuff. I go into the changing rooms to get changed into my P.E clothes. I finish and walk down the halls. I spot a room with a little board reading, "Participant Waiting Room." I open the door to see most of my classmates chatting with one another. 

I spot Ochaco, Tsu and Toru at the back of the room. Ochaco sees me, too and gives a wave. I walk over and sit next to Toru, across Ochaco. 

"Hey, are you excited for the festival?" Ochaco spoke. "I guess I am. I'm a little nervous though." I admit. "I wonder what the first round is going to be like," Tsu thought aloud. "I hear there were pro heroes watching, so they could scout out people to join their agencies!" Ochaco interjects. "Yeah! That means I need to work hard to stand out!" Toru says. I smile at them as they continue to talk about the festival. We were soon interrupted and silenced when the door burst open.

"Is everyone ready?" Iida shouts from the door. "We will be entering soon!" He announces. Everyone starts to whisper.

"Midoriya." We turn to the voice to reveal Todoroki walking up to Izuku with his left hand in his pocket. His face was serious. "Todoroki? What is it?" Izuku answers.

 "Looking at things objectively, I think I am stronger than you." 

"Huh? Y-yeah." Izuku stutters. 

"But...All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" 

Izuku gives off a little gasp of surprise. 

"I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you." 

 Gasps were heard around the room.

"Oh? Are one of our best in class making a declaration of war?" Kaminari questions. Kirishima gets up and walks over to Todoroki , putting a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey! Why are you picking a fight all of a sudden? Not now, we're about to start!"

 Todoroki shoves Kirishima's hand off. 

"We're not here to play at being friends. So what does it matter?" Todoroki voiced. He started to walk towards the door silently. I stand up from my seat, ready to go after him, but Izuku's voice stops me.

"Todoroki, I don't know what you're thinking when you say you'll beat me, but of course you're better than me. I think you're more capable than most people..." 

"Midoriya, you probably shouldn't speak so negatively..." Kirishima started. "But, everyone...The students from the other courses are aiming for the top with everything they've got! I can't afford to fall behind. I'll be going for it with everything I have, too." Izuku declares. His face full of determination. I fully stand up.