| XIX |

"(Name)." I hear Shoto call from next to me. "Huh?" I respond turning to Shoto. My attention on the window now on the hot and cold boy. "Are you sure you want to intern with Endeavor?" At this I pause, confused, but then nod. "I'm very sure. Plus, there's no going back. What, are you trying to get rid of me?" I laugh. Shoto shakes his head furiously. "It's not that!" He exclaims. I chuckle. "I know." 

Shoto goes silent. He simply sits in his seat with a muddled countenance. His eyebrows furrowed, his lips turned down into a frown; he was likely very disturbed by something. I could tell he was still hesitant about his decision for whatever reason.  

 I hold his shoulders and look him in the face. "Shoto. Look at me." He slowly turns his head up, eyes dead. "If you need me, call me and I'll come running, got it?" He continues to stare at my face. "Okay..." He responds. I give him a bright smile. "I hope to make our relationship stronger during this internship!" Shoto looks off to the side and nods. I release my hold on his shoulders and sit back in my seat properly.

"Thank you..." Shoto whispers. I smile. "It's just that I've already opened up to you so much in such a short amount of time. It makes me uncomfortable." He admits. I give him a worried smile. "I won't force you to tell me anything. I just want you to be aware that you don't have to suffer by yourself." I look out the window again. "If there is something that bothers me, I try to find ways to make the situation better." I smile. 

"From the moment I saw you, it was a gamble. I was unsure of whether or not you would push me away. Your cold demeanor was definitely something that made me have second thoughts, but I just felt and knew that I wanted to be your friend. To annoy you when you were up to nothing, or to make you laugh when totally unnecessary." I turn to him again. "I wanted to be a hero, too. Don't forget it," I say with a grin I plug an earbud in Shoto's ear and start to close my eyes. "We got a long ride ahead, so let's use this precious time to get some beauty sleep. I know I need it." I plug in the other earbud and shuffle around to get comfortable. 

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

"I have been waiting for you, Shoto. It seems you are finally ready to take on the path of the mighty, huh?" Endeavor says, his aura radiating confidence and authority. "I have no intention of going down a path you made. I will take my own path." Shoto says lowly. The fiery man up front scoffs. "Oh well, you should get ready, too. We're going out." Shoto's head turns up. "Where?"

 "I'll show you what a hero is." Endeavor says with a shit eating grin. 

He turns to me in the back of the room, standing there awkwardly. "You can go on patrol from one of my sidekicks." Endeavor starts to walk out. I nod, "Yes, sir." I respond, standing stiffly. "Come on, Shoto." The number 2 hero finally walks out of the room. Leaving Shoto and I alone. Shoto starts to walk out as well, but before he leaves, I grab his arm. He stops. "Are you okay?" He grabs me by my shoulders as I space out.  "(Name)?" I finally move and give him a hug. "Call me if you need me, okay?" I walk out the door, leaving Shoto at the doorway. 

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

The black-haired girl sat on the couch, waiting for her supervisors to give her further instructions. Swinging her legs, she stares at nothing in particular on the ceiling. A bad feeling bubbling at the bottom of her stomach. 

"Neisys! Let's get going on patrol! Heroes don't have time to space out!" The girl is taken out of her thoughts. "I'm coming!" She exclaims. As soon as they come out of the building, they hear an explosion erupting from a distance. "What was that?!" One of the two sidekicks taking care of (Name) yells. "FIRST OBJECTIVE ON JOB! LOCATE LOCATION OF EXPLOSION! LET'S GO!" The other yells. (Name) runs after them, her eyes filled with worry. 

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

They reach the location, immediately, they start to look for people. "(Name)! Come with me! We have to find if anyone has gotten hurt! We gotta let the pros fight them off!" The girl nods and follows suit. "GOT IT!" She yells as she tries to look for any civilian caught up in the mess. "IS THERE ANYONE THERE! WE'RE HERE TO HELP!" (Name) exclaims, she hears a faint cry. She gasps at the noise. She rushes towards the source of the cry. She sees a shoe, hanging off the side of some rubble. She rushes to it, taking the shoe and examining it. She drops it and moves the rubble out of the way, hastily. 

She finds a small girl, her leg crushed by a giant piece of cement. "HOLD ON! I'LL GET YOU OUT OF THERE!" She lifts the boulder with her Quirk, just enough to release the leg. She panics. The boulder was too heavy and she could not make it float. She quickly carried the girl out. (Name) drops the boulder, blood splashing as it makes contact with the boulder. 

(Name) lets out heavy breaths. "Thank you..." (Name) looks up to see the little girl. No older than 5. "Thank you for saving me, Hero." (Name) freezes at these words, but then (Name)  smiles. "You're welcome." 

A sidekick rushes towards (Name) and eventually takes the girl to safety, and (Name) gets a notification from her phone. "Izuku sent his location?" Her eyes widen. 

'He's in trouble.'