Chapter one

Maggie Laura Xanders

Harberts University.

It's not the best university in New York, but you really need a good effort and grades to apply for Harberts University. But of course, money can do everything.

I'm just an ordinary girl, who comes from an ordinary family. My life is not fulfill with money and wealth. My mom is only working as a cook in diner near my home, and my dad... He's dead three years ago, because some non-hearted man crashed my dad, and he's just leaving my dad dying. I remembered that day. It was my sixteenth birthday. 

Flashback.

It's my sixteenth birthday. 

My mom always cook my favorite meal on my birthday. Her signature cheese lasagna. I don't know what makes my mom's cheese lasagna different from others, but it always makes me craving it every time my mom go home early. Maybe it's different because it's made from heart.

"Oh my god, mom! It looks so delicious." I looked at my mom's cheese lasagna on the table. As I want to put my index finger on it, my mom smacked my hand. "Ow! Mom!"

"Maggie! At least wait for your dad."

"But mom, when will dad go home? I'm hungry." I pouted to my mom.

"Patience, baby girl." My mom kiss my cheek. "I'm sure he will be at home anytime soon."

Just when I want to answer my mom, there's a ring on her phone.

*On the phone*

Dad, "Honey, I'm on my way home."

Mom, "Thank God. Your daughter can't wait to eat my signature cheese lasagna and always trying to put her index finger to taste it."

"MOM!" I shout so loud that I'm sure my dad can hear it. I heard my dad chuckles.

Dad, "Oh and by the way I also already take Maggie's cake."

Mom, "Okay honey, make sure to drive safely."

Dad,  "Of course honey, when have I ever not drive safely?" My dad chuckles again.

Mom, "I know." My mom smile sweetly. "I love you."

Dad, "I love you too, honey."

*End of the phone*

I always smile whenever I heard their conversation. Mom and Dad is like a couple goals for me. They loves each other so much and always say that "L" word to each other. Because of them, I believe of  true love, and I know that someday I will get my partner like my dad.

It's already three hours since my dad called, but he hadn't come home yet. I looked at my mom, and she looks worried. "Mom." I touched her shoulder. "Dad will be okay, don't worry."

She sighed. "I know. It's just... I have this feeling Mag." She looks into my eyes.

That's when she got called from hospital. And that's when we know that Dad is dead because someone crashed his car. It's really break my heart. Especially my mom. I will never forget her face when she saw my dad in the emergency room. 

End of Flashback.

The first year after my dad away, is really tough both for me and my mom. I remembered when my mom's crying every night, and I always heard it from my room. Mom is a strong woman. She always show me her smile, even though I know that she's crying inside.

I have to be strong. Both for mom and dad. And I promise to my dad, I will make him and my mom proud of me. Because of that, I never stop study. If I'm not studying, I will go to work. Yes. I also worked part-time to help my mom with our finance.

 Dad is our backbone. He always works hard so we can eat and live pleasantly. And now, after he died, I want to take his part in this family. I want to help my mom, and still have a good grade. 

And I'm so happy when I got accepted in Harberts University with my own effort. I got full scholarship from Harbert University because of my grade. And now here it is.

It's officially my first day in college.

*****

Sooo, there it is. The first chapter. :)

I hope you guys like it!

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow me! Love you guys!

Till next time :)

- Stefani