f o u r t e e n

Setting down the carton, he shyly nodded and she replied with yet another thank you.

"I have to go now. My friend is probably waiting for me. Well, I guess... I guess I'll see you around then?" he said softly and pointing to the crowd behind them.

"Yeah... Yeah! I guess so... um, I'm sorry. I didn't get your name. But you do look familiar. I'm sorry, I probably forgot since I might have only heard your name once or twice."

"Oh yeah, we were classmates back in elementary school! Well, for a week before I had to transfer schools," she said realizing where she had known him from his face.

Chanyeol couldn't help but smile seeing how cute she was. His happy silence made her look at him with an anxious expression, afraid if she had got it wrong.

"You don't seem to forget since you remembered we were classmates years ago. It's okay, it happens," he replied quickly after his mind lagged a few moments to notice how she was waiting for a reply.

"I'm Chanyeol, if it really does ring a bell to you."

"Oh, Chanyeol the guy who even brought his dog to school on the first day! Oh sorry, I think I shouldn't have said that." Her hands covered her mouth as a reflex.

A laughter left his mouth and he just shook his head.

"It's okay, at least you remembered me by that incident. Oh, I guess they're calling you," he said as he heard someone call out her name.

"Well, I have work to do. Thank you for your help and nice to meet you again!" Her feet took her away from Chanyeol. In the midst of walking, she still managed to look back and give a shy wave.

"She remembers me..." Chanyeol said to himself with a tone that was filled with joy, which was too obvious not to notice.