f i f t e e n

He was sitting in the bleachers, nearby the athletes since his two friends, Sehun and Jongin where competing in the relay. As his group of friends were busy chatting among themselves and slightly flirting and checking out other students, he had his eyes following her.

"Well, just look at that," Jongdae spoke with a loud obnoxious tone as he gestured his hands towards Chanyeol and have their group look at the staring boy and followed his gaze.

"Are you really not going to actually confess?" Sehun sighed after asking, knowing all too well that his here had been liking the girl for so long but too much of a scaredy-cat to make a move.

"That's the girl he talks with using sticky notes? She's cute. You know, I might even ask her out," Jongin teasingly said.

"Could you all just cut it out? I'm her friend already! Well, in a way. But that's not the point here," Chanyeol blurted as soon as he changed his gaze towards them.

"Then, what's the point here?" Chanyeol became silent as he tried to come up with an answer.

"I just want her to feel better about herself, even if she thinks she's receiving those words of comfort from a complete stranger," with a timid tone, he answers and quickly turned back to look at her.

She wouldn't feel the presence of a pair of eyes looking at her — he thought. Plus, he was amongst the big crowd and she's busy working around. He felt happy she had something to keep her mind on and not feel lonely in the busy and clamorous school grounds.

As he was looking at her, he noticed she was busy rubbing the end of her sleeves against her face. Initially, he thought she was just rubbing off sweat but as he focused more, he noticed that she was actually crying.

Quickly standing up and making his way out of the crowd, along with apologies for being a slight disturbance, he jogged up to where she was to only find out she was gone.

Scanning around quickly, he noticed someone walking away with fast, hasty steps and knew for sure it was her. The time spent looking at her back profile clearly helped him, but it wasn't the time to thank his mind for that.

He fastened his pace to reach her but as he reached the school entrance, he lost sight of her.

"I hope you're alright," he whispered under his breathe and made his way back to the event with heavy steps.