s e v e n t e e n

He sat still and had his eyes focused on the sticky note. After the very long mental debate he had, he placed the sticky note back into his pocket and finally packed his stuff.

His steps were slow and took him double the time to get out of the building compared to any other day. It was quite a shady day and he could clearly see the sky be filled with fluffy white clouds, letting the blue colour of the atmosphere be seen in really small pieces here and there.

He didn't have any reason to do such but he felt as if he needed to look around. Looking to his right, the view of the school buildings and topiaries. On his left, more topiaries, considering the school had a flower garden nearby the entrance to make it seem like a more friendly school.

But amongst the flowers and plants, he saw a figure — her.

He made his way towards her and hid behind a column. Thankfully he was also hidden behind the tall shrub and he, well, stalked her. In a non-creepy way.

It only took a few seconds to make his heart hurt. He saw her crying, again. He had hoped to see her in a better mood but not everything you hope for would come true and this is one of those times.

This heart was on the verge of going straight up to her and pull her into a tight warm heart but his mind thought otherwise. Shaking his head vigorously, he decided to go with his heart.

Unfortunately, as if all the forces of the universe wants him to miss out on every given opportunity, he didn't manage to catch up to her and was left standing alone in the garden.

He let out a deep sigh and had his vision fall to the ground. His eyes quickly widen at the sight of her coloured sticky note.

"She must have dropped this," he thought. "She wouldn't have left this on the ground," he said as he crouched down to pick it up.

Is it a sin to be the lesser one?

I never did anything wrong. Heck, I didn't even do anything. Yet, why am I treated like this?

Why am I hated and degraded like this...

"Just what happened to you," his heart felt heavy as he stared at the note.