t w e n t y f o u r

"I can explain..." the girlfriend said as she slowly turned around, her tone was so low and her eyes avoiding any contact with his.

"You... you told me that you sensed that she didn't like you so you always suggested that we get a bit away from her. I was so stupid to have listened to you!" he screamed, making her flinch at her lover's burst of anger, "And to think it was right and felt it might make her comfortable to not have you in her sight..."

Walking towards his sister, he crouched down and caressed her head softly with a sad smile. Chanyeol stared blankly at the older began to fiddle with her fingers and Jongdae chuckled to himself before the two walked away. The brother whispered his apologies numerous times and she managed to reply with a cracked voice, "It's alright."

"No, it's not alright. You know that this is not alright. These kind of situations are the ones you wrote about so people get the message it will never be alright," he spoke as he reached out his hand to hers and pulled her up.

"For someone who spoke highly about family, my family, you sure don't understand that if you're going to marry someone, it means you're marrying their whole family. Accepting them and their family without any discrimination," he eyed her as he continued to softly caress his sister's head.

"It's a shame that your father believed in that but when it came to you, it's nonexistent. You're so blinded by your own ideals you didn't even try to see what the world actually is and how your father actually cares more about my sister than me. And I'm the one who's going to marry you," the girlfriend's eyes widened at the news that she found absolutely bizarre.

"Your father loves my sister like a child of his own. He'd always wanted to see his children be a master in arts but he was graced with children of wits, of which he didn't mind. He had only the best interest of his children but why are you doing this to him? To hurt someone who means a lot to him and to me..." he stopped, losing this train of thought.

Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and forced out a smile. He didn't want to be clouded with anger all over, he knew his sister wouldn't have liked it if he became the immature one in situations like this.

Opening his eyes, he began to question her, "Did it ever occurred to you about the artist who painted the paintings your father had placed all over the company? The paintings you adored so much that half of your Instagram are pictures of you posing with them as the background."

The girlfriend's eyes moved to look at the girl she had insulted without mercy, blinking in disbelief. He could only sigh at her reaction, "It's funny how you're too clouded with hatred for someone but still adore something of theirs."

"I cared for you, I accepted you, your family, I loved you..." pausing, he turned to look at his sister, "But how could you break all that by hurting the only person I've been fighting for all my life. You knew how much she meant to me, you knew how much she had to go through, you knew how she was fighting herself..."

"Only to use that against her."

Placing his hand in his sister's, he suggested, "Let's go home." Before he turned around to leave with her, he turned to his lover, "Just leave us alone. I'll sort things out with your father myself."

The brother turned around to head home with his sister but his steps were stopped. Looking at his sister with a questioning look, she only replied with a gentle smile, "Bring her back. Talk it out on the way back. Let's not leave it on a bad note. She still deserves to have the right to not be left hanging like this."

"Are you sure?" he questioned, just for the sake of wanting her assurance. He knew that no matter how many times he'd ask, his sister would always give the same answer. He knew her heart only wanted the best for everyone. Receiving a nod, he could only force out a smile, "Movie and ice-cream later?"

Giggling at his suggestion, she softly pushed him towards the girlfriend, who had her head down. Coming back to his sister, the brother hugged her and kissed the top of her head before doing what his sister told him to. The last words she heard her brother said was "the truth or I'll ask in front of everyone at the conference tomorrow" before the two left her in the now silent hallway.

Backing up to the lockers, she let out a heavy breath. Slowly opening up her fist, she stared at the note in hand.

"I wonder what you'll feel listening to this."

So, I've edited this chapter along with two previous chapters and changed the older girl to the girlfriend because she is the lover of main character's brother. I hope this clears up any confusion! I realized that it was confusing and did my best to be clear but it was still confusing, so I hope this one is better!