t w e n t y e i g h t

Staying back as always, she was still in her seat and was focused on writing. A few crumpled sticky notes were scattered on her desk serving as the results of her failed replies. As she was engrossed in trying her best, she didn't realize that it started raining.

Letting out a sigh of relief, she leaned back in her seat and dropped her pen. Finally looking out the window, she let out a small smile, "It's raining."

Slowing packing her things, she got up from her seat and picked up the notes. Light on her feet, she walked out of class to the hallway and stopping in front of a random locker. She pasted the notes with a big smile and whispered to herself, "I hope you'll have an umbrella with you today."

I've been doing well lately despite some adversities. I never thought you'll remember me and even be the one to wonder about me. Like we're simply two people talking through notes but I guess you were right about wanting to be my friend. I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm doubting you! It's still funny how I found comfort in a friend who I talk with using notes :)

Thank you for lending me a bit of time from your life for me and thank you for giving me the reassurance I needed. I don't think I could ever give you a proper and deserving thank you. I know some people might think this is trivial but for me, this comes as one of the few streaks of light I needed for the dark days I often come across. Thank you.

My dearest friend, thank you ♥︎

Leaving the note, she made her way to the end of the hallway and stared at the rain. Letting out a chuckle, she ran in the rain (and totally not putting much thought of being soaked by the time she reaches home).

As she ran in the rain across the school towards the main entrance, Chanyeol looked at her slowly fading figure from his classroom.

"I'm glad you're smiling through the rain."

❏❏❏

I don't really do notes but I'm really screaming because thank you for 40k!! ♥︎

I didn't expect to get to 40k before I finish this, heck I didn't even think it would get this far when I started this. I'm sorry I stretched this to two years but finally, we're coming close to the end :")

Just two more chapters and the epilogue! I'll finish this by the end of the week.