t w e n t y f i v e

She stayed in her position for a long while as memories and thoughts ran through her mind like a train running at full speed and close to sliding off its rails. She only realized that she had been staring for so long after she heard footsteps coming towards her.

Turning to the sound and closing her fist once again, she was greeted by Chanyeol, who was wearing a worried smile. She returned his smile with a grateful one, assuring him that she was alright.

"What were you staring at?" he questioned as he slightly eyed her hand. Shaking her head, she simply replied, "It's nothing."

"Why are you still here, Chanyeol?" she moved the subjected and also asked out of curiosity. Staring at her, he responded to her question, "I wanted to make sure you were alright and I'm glad that you are."

"Thank you, Chanyeol."

He smiled at her sudden thanks and let out a giggle, which made her giggle as well. "I'm thinking of going to the stationary store we went the other day, I ran out of sticky notes," she said, in a tone that was inviting him to come along.

Making their way out of the hallway, she slowly threw the crumpled sticky notes into the recycle bin and walked alongside Chanyeol, with the guy only wondering why she would throw away the notes that means something to her.

As they both walked towards the store, she began to tell Chanyeol about the situation she was in and what her brother's girlfriend had done. Chanyeol listened to all she had to say and the more she opened up about her story, the more he learnt about her. What comes to his fascination was how kind-hearted she was, how positive she continued to be when she enormous pressure placed upon her.

The biggest news to him was that she was the author of the famous book that was written by an anonymous writer that also contained pieces of arts within the story. And on top of that, the book was his favourite of all time!

Close to arriving at the store, Chanyeol suddenly stopped and made her turn around with a questioning look. Biting his thumb, Chanyeol then spoke, "I forgot my textbook. I really needed it for revision tonight."

"Why don't you just head to the store? You don't need to wait for me. Just get what you need and head home, I don't want to waste your time waiting for me," Chanyeol said but she shook her head.

"Go take your textbook, I'll wait. The school isn't far away and I could simply look at the books and read a few pages. It wouldn't feel long," she laughed and Chanyeol smiled at her idea.

Rushing back to school, Chanyeol was glad he had actually left his textbook, so he didn't have to lie to her on his real reason to head back.

Arriving on the school grounds, he quickly went to the recycle bin to retrieve back the notes she threw away. With the notes in hand, he read them as he walked to his locker to get his textbook, smiling like the lovesick idiot he was.

"I don't think I'd wish to meet a C in my life when I've met you."