t w e n t y s i x

"Sorry to make you wait," Chanyeol spoke as soon as he sat down next to her, who was sitting on the floor with her back leaning against one of the store's bookshelves while reading a book.

"It's alright, she said, "I've haven't gotten to fully plunge myself into the story." She held the book and Chanyeol eyed her with a fake unimpressed expression as he saw he was already 60 pages into the story.

"And yet you managed to read 60 pages in 15 minutes?" he questioned her and her only response was a laugh because of his expression. Pushing herself away from the bookshelf, she carefully placed the book back where she took it and turned back to Chanyeol, who hasn't changed his expression. Not even one bit.

Shaking her head, she pushed herself up and went to look for the sticky notes she initially came for. Chanyeol was quick to follow her and they both stopped in front of the section for books, journals, memo pads and everything in between. Chanyeol mindlessly grabbed a brand new stack of sticky notes that were the same shade of blue she always used to write her notes on and handed it to her.

"How did you know I wanted notes in this colour?" she blinked at him as he questioned him because out of all the possible coloured notes, he chose exactly the one she wanted. A bit flustered, Chanyeol replied with a compliment to cover his actual answer, "It just felt like a colour that suited you."

She scoffed in disbelief at his sudden compliment and he returned with a what-was-funny-with-what-I-said expression. Taking the notes, she went to the cashier and paid for it. Following right behind, Chanyeol only stood next to her the moment they came out of the store.

Pulling out an ultra fine tip marker from her bag, she started to scribble something on the notes. After a few moments, she held it in front of Chanyeol's face and got a laugh from him as a response.

To the boy who brought his dog on the first day of school, thank you.

He smiled reading it despite her taking her opportunity to tease him. And his smile grew at the puppy doodle she drawn at the corner of the note. "I can't believe my favourite author and artist personally wrote something for me!" he exclaimed in a joking manner.

Rolling her eyes, she peeled off the note and stuck it on his forehead. "Stop it, you giant," she paused as his grin changed into a sincere smile. "I'll head home now. See you tomorrow. Just try to not roll down the streets after being noticed by your favourite writer."

She turned and headed home and his eyes continued to follow her until she was out of sight. He took the forehead note into his hands and smiled like the idiot he was all the way home.