●10. Responsibilities●

August 27, 2015

"Rishaan." Amaya called him, making him stop in his tracks and turn around. "Your coffee." She said, placing the cup on the table. He just stood there, not saying anything. "And I have made special salad for you. It's in the refrigerator. Just eat it before you leave." She simply spoke and went inside the kitchen, leaving it on him to eat or not. He decided to eat it; after all, what's the fault of the salad and coffee!

Rishaan settled on the chair and drank the coffee Amaya had made. It tasted good. Oh! Every coffee tastes good. He thought and continued sipping coffee. As he put the cup down, his eyes landed on her mobile. He took her phone in his hand without any hesitation and unlocked it. He directly opened the message box and saw no messages there. She must have deleted them all. He smirked at himself and put her phone back. He saw her coming out of the kitchen and then going upstairs. She didn't say anything. He wondered why? But then chucked his thought and completed his coffee.

Amaya went upstairs and got ready for her college. She wore a parrot green kurti with white leggings. She took out a white veil with green border on it and wore it. Stuffing her books in her handbag, she went downstairs. She looked around in search of Rishaan but he wasn't around there. She wrote a note and pinned it on the refrigerator so he could see it when he would open the refrigerator to eat his salad. She decided to leave as it was already late, in comparison to her daily timing. It took her forty five minutes to reach her college.

××××××××××××××

Ansh and Disha both were waiting for Amaya to come and pick them up from the school. They were sitting in the playground. It was 2:48 in the noon and it was late. Even every students had already left.

"Bhaiya." Disha nudged Ansh's shoulder. He looked at her a little irritated. "Bhaiya, where is Mummy?" She asked innocently.

"I don't know." Ansh replied and looked away. Disha didn't ask anything further and just sat there, staring at the gate of the school.

"Bhaiya." Disha again nudged Ansh's shoulder after some minutes. He looked at her, more irritated.

"What?" Ansh asked her rudely.

"I'm scared, Bhaiya." Disha was on the verge of crying. She was really scared.

Ansh so wanted to ignore Disha but that innocent face of her melted his heart. He exhaled heavily and moved to her side. "She must be on her way." He spoke gently, placing his hand on hers. It was awkward but he managed to act normal. For the first time in his life, he felt that he too had some responsibilities. For the first time he felt that he had some connection with Disha. He just stayed like that, holding her little hand in his hand.

"Bhaiya." Disha again called Ansh but this time he didn't look at her irritated. He just squeezed her hand and stood up.

"Let's go." Ansh said and Disha just nodded her head. She was so scared as it was so dark. The sky was filled with dark clouds. It looked like as if it was going to explode anytime soon and make the earth wet with rain. She too stood up and they both walked to the gate, holding his hand. "We'll wait here." He said once they reached at at the gate.

Mamma, where are you? I'm so scared. I hope you are fine. God, I'm sorry; I behaved so bad with Mamma. But please, don't give my punishment to her. I am sorry. Ansh cried from inside but acted as if he was so strong, just for Disha.