●21. The Valentine's Day●

14th February, 2016

Valentine's Day! Sounds so romantic, no?

No!

To be honest, this day is just a pointless holiday, thought up by the greeting card industry to generate some revenue in the off seasons. This day is like - let's have a holiday to misteach young generation what love is. For economy, this day is made to sell crap people never needed. All those cards, chocolates, teddy bears, sweat-shop lingerie items in chemical dyed tissue. It is like - let's show off the flowers and gifts we've got, let's book hotel rooms and go on surprise vacation. It is more like posting pictures of your fancy dinners and parties on social media so others can see how your rich Valentine is treating you. This is what people do on Valentine's day. Is this love? Darling, it's called show off. People these days be like - Fuck love! Who loves? We just fuck! Seriously, that is how they celebrate their Valentine's day now.

14th of February, 2016 - Sunday. What else would she want? She was so happy that it was Sunday and there was no need to attend her college and face those creepy people. She woke up early and rolled out of her bed, moving softly down the stairs to the kitchen. She remembered her first valentines day with Himansh as she opened the door of refrigerator. We had our own Valentine's day - the day we fell more in love with each other. It felt so right to be out of sync with everyone else. They were busy with their day and us, in our own bubble of romance. It was cool. We loved it, really. A small smile plastered on her face.

"On this Valentines day I want nothing but you in my arms. In this life you are my treasure, the one I hold dear in all of life's joys and storms. All I want is to be close to you forever, to feel your heart beat next to mine. I love you, Amaya."

She remembered the exact words that he'd said. There was no need for cards, chocolates, flowers or parties. There was only one thing that they needed - love.

She shook her head, smiling. And a tear rolled down her cheek. She tried to chuck all her memories with him and concentrate on her work.

On other hand, Rishaan was in his bedroom, sitting on the couch and staring down at the photo of Diya which he had in his wallet.

"How are you?" He mumbled, moving his thumb on her photo, caressing her cheek.

"Happy Valentine's Day." He said and a single tear dropped from his eye and landed on her photo.

"Four years! I can't believe how I survived without you!" He said, wiping his tears. "I miss you so much, Diya! I wish we-"

He stopped and closed his wallet immediately, sensing that Ansh was awake. He gulped down really hard and looked up, only to find Ansh sitting on the bed and rubbing his knuckles onto his eyes.

I hope he didn't hear anything. He prayed.

"Good morning, Ansh." Rishaan forced his lips to curve into a smile.

Ansh stared at him for some moments and then smiled at him.

"Good morning." He wished him back and jumped down from the bed.

Rishaan gulped down hard and tried his best to hide his wallet behind the pillow which was right behind his back. Before Ansh would reach him, he himself walked to him and picked him up in his arms.

"Why do you wake up so early on Sundays?" Rishaan asked, walking back to the bed.

Ansh looked at him for a second or two and then replied him, "Mumma doesn't like it when I wake up late on Sunday. She says only lazy people wake up late."