●34. Accept The Unexpected●

26 July, 2016

"Adi," Riddhima forwarded her hands slowly on the table, her voice low and a bit shaky. She sandwiched his hand between hers and continued, "don't you think everything is going too fast?"

She asked him the same question she had been asking him daily, really without failing. Instead of getting annoyed by her same frequent question, Adi smiled at her softly. He breathed out before answering her the same answer that he used to answer her everyday.

"Everything is gonna be fine in the end. We will be fine. Don't think much and stress your mind." His lips never left the smile and it automatically made her smile too, calming her mind in many ways. Her smile didn't last for long as she came up with another question, a new one today.

"What if you would change after our marriage and become someone I never liked?" Adi squinted at her, repeating her question twice in his head. "What if you start finding me annoying and–"

"Yeah," He nodded his head meekly at her, agreeing with each word spoken by her. "I was thinking the same." Riddhima squinted at him this time, indirectly telling him to say it clearly. "I mean, you know, what if you also turn into one of those witchy wives after our marriage? What if you become so nosy and–"

"Adi!" She literally pressed her hands on his out of anger. "How can you–"

"Exactly!" He snapped at her. "How can you think like that?" He asked her back. She realized what he exactly meant. Obviously, she was overthinking and stressing her mind for no reason.

"We ain't gonna change and even if we do, you know, change is for good." He tried to assure her. "We ain't gonna turn into bad. Don't know about you but I am not gonna turn into bad." He joked and received a slight slap on his hand from her in reply.

Her lips cracked into a smile and she laughed a bit, shaking her head at him and his way of changing the topic and mood into a matter of seconds. What really made her fall head over heels for him was the way he took everything and dealt with it. He was an optimistic person, turning every negative thought of her into positive. She really didn't want much from him. He was enough for her.

"I love you, Adi." She confessed suddenly, out of nowhere, her voice low and soft, reflecting her genuine feelings for him.

Even though it wasn't the first time she spoke those three magical words, it still felt so raw. It still felt like the first time.

"I love you too." There came his obvious reply, with a soft smile playing on his lips and a slight tint of blush on his cheeks.

She smiled back at him and placed her hand on his once again. Her eyes rested on him, locked with his eyes, not unblinking but slowed. There was silence for a few minutes. They didn't need words, their eyes were enough.

She bit her bottom lip, eyes everywhere but on him. Turning her head to the people sitting around them in the hotel, she hid her tears. She sniffed and turned her head towards him, thinking she was finally able to speak without stuttering or crying. "I'm gonna miss you." Her voice was broken, indeed, she failed at her attempt to hide her emotions.

He pressed his lips together and nodded twice before speaking, "I'm gonna miss you too." His voice was low, only audible for her. He placed his free hand on hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. She gave him a half smile and looked down. He knew she was sad and that sank his heart. "Riddhima," He called her name, giving a slight press on her hand to catch her attention. She looked up at him and her eyes met with his instantly. "You know that it's a matter of few days. You will also be there in Rajasthan by 10th of August."