●13. Love Is Sacrifice!●

18th October, 2015

After a long cold night, the day brought sparkles of warmth. The yellow shining sun started rising from the ground and it filled the sky with mighty colours of red and orange, and splashed the clouds with endless rays of pink. It was a bright and mesmerising morning as if inviting her to stare deep into the horizon.

Amaya stared at the rising sun, its rays burning her eyes and skin. She didn't look away. Her eyes were glued to the beautiful pink and orange colour the sky was. She had never watched it like this. She had never noticed its beauty. She moved her hand through the air, watching her fingers cutting sun's rays. She smiled. Closing her eyes, she felt warm rays of the sun touching her skin. It felt good. She heard chirping of birds and felt like a free bird herself.

Amaya opened her eyes and looked around, smiling, and then entered inside the bedroom. She saw that Ansh and Disha were still sleeping so she covered the window with curtains. She went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth, slowly, there was no rush. Sunday, you know. She spent half an hour to bathe and then walked out, wearing her blue kurti with pink leggings. Drying her hair with a towel, she tied them up in a messy bun. She then went down to make breakfast.

Amaya stood in the middle of the kitchen, thinking what she should make for breakfast. She opened the refrigerator and the packet of sliced bread caught her eyes. She smiled and took out the packet. She felt so lazy to make heavy breakfast so she thought to make a light breakfast. Rava (Semolina) toast will be the best. She thought and started making the breakfast.

After like forty minutes, Amaya was done with making breakfast. She made eight toasts adding green chili and three toasts without chili, of course for Rishaan. Ansh and Disha were still sleeping, even Rishaan hadn't returned yet from jogging. She decided to wait for them and have breakfast together. She went to the drawing room and dropped herself on the sofa.

Amaya found herself alone. She sat alone and utterly terrified in the drawing room. No one was there to soothe her fears, nor was Himansh to ask her if she had been fine or to touch her soul and take her every pain out. She really wanted him then; to embrace her in his warm arms, to wipe her tears, to give his shoulder to cry on. But Alas! It was just her, alone in a strange place with some strange people around her, living this suffocated life. She still find it strange!

After all loneliness doesn't scare me; it gives me time to grow stronger than I have ever been! And that is how Amaya calmed herself down and closed her eyes.

"Mamma."

"Mamma."

"Mamma, utho na. [Please, wake up.]" Disha shook Amaya by her arm.

Amaya opened her eyes slowly and then rubbed her knuckles on her eyes. She lifted her body up and looked around. Ansh, Disha and Rishaan were sitting in a circle around her.

"I am sorry. " Amaya mumbled, finding three pairs of eyes looking at her intently.

"Mamma, breakfast!" Disha said with a pout, rubbing her palm on her stomach.

"It's ready." Amaya said, smiling at her and getting up. "Just give me a minute." With that she walked into the kitchen, leaving these three dumb people there.

"Daddy, pass me the tv remote." Disha said, tapping her feet impatiently.

Rishaan passed the remote to her and leaned back to the sofa. Just then Amaya came out with two plates in her hands. She gave each to Ansh and Disha which had two rava toasts in each with tomato sauce. She went back to the kitchen and came out with a plate and gave it to Rishaan. He looked at the plate, it had three toasts.