●20. Birthday●

4th of January, 2016

It was 7:30 am when Amaya returned home, dropping Ansh and Disha to their school. She locked the main door from inside and walked in. She directly ran upstairs to get ready for her college. She stopped on the top of the stairs as her eyes landed on Rishaan who was standing outside her room, leaning back to the door. He had folded his arms against his chest. She walked slowly towards him and stood in front of him.

"What are you doing-"

He cut her off and asked her back, "So you're going college huh?"

He seemed angry. She didn't say anything but nodded her head. He shook his head, closing his eyes. Amaya was kind of scared of him. He sighed heavily and opened his eyes and said,

"Fine! If you've already decided to not listen to anyone then fine!" His voice was filled with anger. He took a step towards her and she felt more scared. "Take this with yourself." He said, taking out a pepper spray bottle from his pocket. Amaya looked at him with her eyes turning moist. She took it from his hand and looked down. She could see the same kind of gentle concern in his eyes that Himansh used to have. "Set my number on speed dial in your new phone." He said and she looked up at him. She nodded her head and just stood there.

A heavy silence settled over them. She was glancing up at him every now and then, avoiding his death glares.

"Thanks Rishaan." She finally spoke, breaking the awkward silence between them.

"For what?" He asked, narrowing his eyes a little.

"For asking me that day if I was fine. And today, for this." She said, showing the bottle and a tear rolled down her cheek.

He didn't like it when she cried. He liked her smiling face. She looked more beautiful whenever she smiled. Those tears never suited on her face.

He forwarded his hand towards her face, "These tears.. " But stopped. What am I doing? He asked himself and took his hand back. "I would have done the same if there was any other woman." He said blankly.

His inner laughed at what he said. That's not true, Rishaan! His inner remarked.

She looked at him for some seconds, digesting his words. She smiled a bit and changed her gaze.

"If you want, I can drop you at your college." He offered.

"No. I will go by myself. Thanks for asking." She smiled at him.

"Okay!" He moved aside from the door. "Take care." Saying that, he turned around and walked into his room, not even glancing back at her for once.

She stood there, watching nothing but the closed door of his room. She looked down and smiled a bit, seeing the bottle. She walked into her room to get ready for her college.

××××××××××××××××

The last bell rang and she said, checking her wrist watch which showed 1:30 pm. "Time's up students."

She looked around in the class, some students were smiling because they had worked hard and were confident and their exam went good while others who wasted their time in gossiping and passing comments on others sat there with a blank face. She stood up and started collecting papers by their roll numbers.

"Roll no 56." She said, standing in front of Rahul's bench.

He didn't say anything and handed his answer sheet to her. She collected all the papers and then told them to leave. She was arranging papers when someone tapped on her shoulder and she kind of knew who it was. She turned around and looked at him. She was right, it was Rahul.