1. one month

One month

I unlock the front door and shut it behind me, glad another dreadful school day was over. Tommy -my best friend since we were five- said he'd bring stuff to school tomorrow. Peachy. I haven't been high since last week.

"Are you home, honey?" I hear my mother call out as she comes out of the kitchen wiping her wet hands on a kitchen towel.

"Are you blind?" I sneer dropping my bag on the floor by the sofa.

What's the matter with her? Isn't she the same woman that's been depressed and hating life and my guts and hasn't cooked or pretty much done anything ever since dad died?

She ignores my attitude and manages the fakest smile I've ever seen.

"Come on. I made your favourite. Spaghetti and meatballs." She says signing me to follow her to the kitchen.

"I wonder how you still remember it's my favourite." I comment as I take my seat on the table and watch her fill a plate with the food she made and place it on the table before me, ignoring my rude comments once again.

"Come on, try it and tell me how it is." She fake-smiles again and fills a plate for her too.

"Different from the last time you made it, I imagine. It's been too long to possibly remember how it's done." I sneer at her again and push the plate slightly away from me.

"So what's this all about?" I finally ask her. She swallows her bite and wipes her mouth with a napkin.

"Well, I have to get used to cooking for when Sam's son moves in for the month." She casually replies as if it's something I hear every day.

"What?" I shrink my eyes at her, my temper rising dangerously.

"You know. Sam Campbell. He has to leave the country for a month and he needs a place to leave his son, Aaron. He's your age I think." She keeps explaining with this annoying casual attitude.

"Yes, I know who Aaron is." I say making my anger obvious in the tone of my voice. I hope I look as murderous as I feel right now.

I know Aaron. I hate his guts. And he hates mine. Bad history.

"Happy to hear. He'll be moving in first thing in the morning." She gives me another one of those fake smiles and sighs. "I don't want any of them to think I'm incompetent." She adds.

"You are incompetent." I tell her and stand up. "This is not going to happen. He's not coming to my house because you suddenly decided to be a good neighbor. I don't know why you suddenly felt like doing this and I don't really care, but as hard as it is for you you're going to have to consider me too. And I don't agree to this." I scream at her.

"You don't really have a choice. This still remains my house too and I remain your mother. You'll do as I say." She says trying not to start yelling herself.

"Ah, now after five years you've decided to call yourself my mother? Now that it's convenient? You stopped having the right to use that title since you stopped caring. I don't care what you do, Aaron Campbell is not coming here." I yell at her again, my veins popping out of my throat.

"Sorry. Can't do. It's just one month Victoria. You'll survive." The usual non caring attitude she's had for the past five years is back now.

The way I see it I have three options:

a) murder her in her sleep

b) move out of my own house myself

c) survive this month and retreat this time

Well a is pretty tempting but I'm not a fucking psycho. B is off the table. I'm not leaving my home.

This is going to be a long ass miserable month.