2. Aaron

Aaron

Two weeks earlier:

"What's the matter with you?" Tommy asks me while blowing off the smoke he had in him for a good five seconds or more.

"Nothing." I reply before pulling out another cigarette and lighting it.

"Don't nothing me. I know when you're upset." He retorts and brings his cigarette to his lips.

I snort releasing smoke.

"Is it Campbell?" He realises.

"He has to be the worst person I've ever met." I comment, annoyance obvious in my voice this time.

"What did he do now?" He asks and drinks some of his coffee.

"He's just being his usual self." I reply and smoke more of my cigarette looking to my side.

"Meaning?" Tommy asks, a familiar tone in his voice as his way of saying I want to start a fight.

"Uh, just drop it Tommy." I startle him by saying as his eyes momentarily shrink and he frowns. He knows that if I avoid conversation with him either means that I don't want him to beat someone up and get in trouble or that it makes me feel bad about myself. And trust me he knows how bad I want Aaron to get his ass kicked.

"He is a dead man." Tommy states before he jumps up and rushes to find Aaron, his fists clenched. I rush behind him and pull him back by his arm.

"Tommy not now!" I beg him.

"Give me one good reason Vic. Just one! This is the last time I see you like this!" He yells and pulls his hand from my grip.

I can only stare as he rushes to the front yard where Aaron and his loyal, equally annoying and fame-hungry minions are. He will start a fight with him. But I will be the one who suffers the consequences. Aaron has nothing against Tommy other than the fact that he's friends with me. He's not stupid enough to have a beef with him. But me, he hates me. He calls me a junky and says bad things just to hurt me every chance he gets. He judges me knowing nothing about me. What he says doesn't hurt me as much anymore as it did in middle school because I can defend myself just fine with my own ways now. But sometimes he goes too far. He doesn't know it because he doesn't know what can hurt me I never let it show, he's just being a jackass.

I can't see how all the girls go crazy for him. He's good looking, yes. Really good looking. Dating the cheerleaders, all the hot girls and all. But his character just makes me hate him. He has targeted me for some reason. He and his crew. And I don't know how much longer I can tolerate their behaviour before I snap. I just have to be patient this year and if I'm lucky it'll go by quickly. Then high school will be over. And I won't have to see him ever again.