20. rediculous

rediculous

By the time I arrive at Britney's straight after work her house is already packed. Fortunately for me the party is far from over. Music is blasting loud and the crowd inside is making a lot of noise.

I see familiar faces all around me as I walk through the front porch, some I know well and others barely. There's a group of guys chugging down liquor on a sofa, that's been carried outside and placed facing the house, on the right and some scattered groups of two and three people enjoying themselves in a more casual manner.

"Hey Vickie!" Some of the guys on the sofa greet me and I make my way over.

"Hey, what's up?" I say and take the bottle of rum they hand me and take a swing. "Where did you get a whole bottle?" I comment as I pass it back to one of them.

"Britney has a few lying around in there, it's pretty dope." one of them explains and takes the bottle from the hands of the one I handed it to. His name is Daryl, he's the oldest one of the group being a year older than me and a freshman in some non-local college. We used to hang out sometimes when he was still in our school. The one he took the bottle from is his younger brother Evan who is my age and the other two in the group are his friends. I've seen them around a lot, they are involved in a lot of things around here.

"Cool, I'm gonna go pick one up. Have you guys seen Tommy anywhere?" I ask before I take off.

"Yeah, he's in there with a hottie." Christian, one of Evan's friends, replies and I thank them before I head inside while greeting some of the people I know on my way.

Once I enter first thing that hits me is the volume of the music and the strong smell of cigarette smoke and weed, very typical for one of Britney's parties. Both her parents are smokers so they won't be at all bothered by the smell once they get back, if they even notice it.

There's a lot going on, some people are just hanging, some are playing drinking games and goofing around, some are dancing making noise and some are hooking up. There's ashtrays all over, both proper ones and self-made out of half full liquor cups, as well as bottles of alcohol and beer and snack leftovers that I wouldn't touch at this point. There's roughly over 50 or 60 people in sight, almost all of which I know even a little bit and I bet there's more upstairs and outside in the backyard where there's a heated pool.

I walk around a bit picking up a cup and filling it with beer and find Britney almost immediately chatting with a couple of our friends and her boyfriend of one year, who in my opinion isn't the best type of guy but whatever, she's cool with him. I greet her with a hug and exchange hand gestures with the rest.

"You made it!" Britney points out teasing me about my work to which I laugh.

"Yeah, well, I think I prefer waiting on tables, this party blows." I tease her back and she pretends to be hurt by my words before we laugh it off.

"How are you doing, how was work?" She asks me dropping the joking manner we shared a moment ago.

"I'm good. Work was as per usual. What about you?" I ask even though I can tell already. She's is a little bit tipsy and I know there's no way she can be this chill without any pot.

"I am perfect." She stated making a hand gesture to go with her words. "I'm kinda high though." She adds and giggles a bit.

"Did you see Tommy with Erica?" Carter, Britney's boyfriend, comments starting a group conversation to involve everyone.

"Oh my god, yes, they look so cute already!" Britney comments seeming excited for our friend.

"Yeah he's hung up alright." Carter jokes earning a couple laughs from our group.