8. friends

friends

Aaron's P. O. V.

I begin to follow her when my eyes land on her body and I freeze.

She's wearing grey men's boxers and a thin droopy white non sleeve blouse that's reaching her bottom. Not revealing but it's enough to showcase her body. The blouse is so thin I can actually see the outline of her through it. I have to give it to her she has an amazing body, all the nice curves, not too thin not too thick, enough muscle to give her a nice shape -quite athletic may I add- and certain parts of her have a very decent size. Her bright skin lacks any unwanted features. I find myself trying way too hard to take my eyes off her.

Her hand reaches for the remaining joint that lies on the ashtray before she drops herself on the sofa and gathers her legs close to the rest of her body. She brings the joint to her lips and lights it taking a long drag. I can already smell the weed. She releases the smoke she had in her lungs slowly.

"Are going to just stand there and stare at me?" She says making me snap out of my thoughts and make eye contact.

"Sassy jun-" I begin to say but she shoots me a glare that stops me.

"I told you not to call me that." She says. She speaks calmly but I can tell she's barely managing. Sometimes I've wondered what would happen if she didn't. I mean it's been years since the guys and me have been going all over her. When it started it was easy to tell what was getting to her and what not. Now it rarely does. All she does is ignore but you don't have to be a genious to know that me living here temporarily is not making it very easy for her.

"But I didn't call you that." I deny her accusation.

"You were going to." She points out and takes another drag from her joint.

"I didn't know it gets to you so bad. It's just a silly nickname." I lie. Of course I know it gets to her. It's the only thing she lets show.

"Is it now? And with all good intentions I imagine?" She mocks, smoke coming out of her mouth as she does.

I open my mouth to speak but she doesn't let me.

"Look I don't know what you people have against me and I don't really care but for whatever reason my mother decided to have you here I have to respect it and so do you." She says taking me by surprise. So she doesn't know. She doesn't know why I'm here.

"Shall we call a truce then?" I suggest. Maybe I shouldn't tell her yet. I'm not the one who should anyway. She raises one eyebrow at me before leaving her unfinished joint on the ashtray and sanding up.

"A truce?" She repeats my words in disbelief.

"No more beef. We'll just be friends." I add.

"Friends?" She raises both eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, friends." I repeat myself and spread my hand out to her. "Agreed?"

She looks back and forth between my outstretched arm and me a few times in doubt. Never taking her eyes off mine she finally shakes my hand.

"Agreed." She says making me smile.

"Friends."

"Friends." She repeats.

"Great!" I say breaking out handshake and hovering my arms beside me.

"Great."