5. bodyguard

Bodyguard

I wake up in the middle of the night unable to swallow properly. My throat is dry. I force myself out of bed and head downstairs to get some water trying to be as quiet as I can so I don't wake up my mother and our unwelcome guest.

I refill my glass with more water and empty it all at once just like the one before it.

I'm definitely not going to survive this month. Gladly tomorrow is Saturday so I'll spend the day at Tommy's house like we agreed. So far Aaron is as dreadful as I expected. Now he's a pain in my ass not only at school but in my own home as well. How peachy.

"Fucking Aaron." I say through my teeth thinking out loud.

"That's not nice." His deep voice startles me making me snap my head to him. He's standing right at the kitchen entrance frowning, his arms crossed on his chest. His eyes are staring back at me with dislike.

He's closer than i would allow and the fact that he's topless makes it a notch more awkward than it should be. I take my eyes off him quickly so it doesn't seem like I'm staring.

"Since when do you have a sense of what's nice?" I comment as I make my way to the sink to wash my glass and be gone. He scoffs at my words as he begins to walk my way.

"I'm nice to people I like. And you, junky, are not one of them." He states as he snatches the glass from my hands making me snap my head to him.

"You need to stop calling me a junky." I say glaring at him but all I earn is a wicked smirk.

"Or what? Are you going to call your bodyguard to start a fight with me again?" He mocks me. Tommy is the on she's referring to. They got in a fight two weeks ago that Tommy started. To be fair Aaron did get his ass kicked but so did Tommy.

I scoff at his words and roll my eyes at him before I push him out of my way and walk past him. I hear the sound of tab water being spilled inside the glass he snatched from me and find myself being thankful he may just let me go without any further comments this tim-

"I know you're spending all your money in drugs but is it so hard for you to save up for PJ's or anything?" He comments and I can practically hear him smile wickedly. I look down at my body to see I'm still wearing yesterday's clothes. I turn my head to him just enough so I can give him a glare only to see him smirking. Is everything a joke to him? Drug use is a sensitive matter to me, he very probably knows that. I swear another step too far and I don't know if I'll be able to hold myself back this time.